Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Optimistic

  1. #1
    Senior Member wendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Western Canada
    Posts
    2,818
    Likes (Given)
    823
    Likes (Received)
    1410

    Optimistic

    Trying to maintain my composure. Due to COVID, did not go to casino for all of 2020 and still nothing for 2021 thus far. However,.......

    Booked an October trip to Vegas with friends!! Great deal we couldn't pass up and fingers crossed all is good at that time! Can't even imagine it!!
    Home is where the heart is but any spare change I find goes in the Vegas Fund!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,356
    Likes (Given)
    249
    Likes (Received)
    445
    Wendy,

    Now the feeling. Though Atlantic City is just a few hours drive for me, I have been booking and canceling trips since last year until I finally made it this past week. Hope all goes well for you and your friends with your trip to Vegas.

  3. #3
    Senior Member wendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Western Canada
    Posts
    2,818
    Likes (Given)
    823
    Likes (Received)
    1410
    Quote Originally Posted by 30 cents max View Post
    Wendy,

    Now the feeling. Though Atlantic City is just a few hours drive for me, I have been booking and canceling trips since last year until I finally made it this past week. Hope all goes well for you and your friends with your trip to Vegas.
    Thanks! Our casinos here are still closed and have been since March 2020. Hoping to open in the summer. Glad you got to AC ~ how did it feel???
    Home is where the heart is but any spare change I find goes in the Vegas Fund!

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    BC Canada
    Posts
    38
    Likes (Given)
    220
    Likes (Received)
    21
    There's talks BC Casinos will open July 1 if everything goes well.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    801
    Likes (Given)
    5
    Likes (Received)
    531
    Going to AC next week. Curious as to what your thoughts were. Are people still masking up. Heard at my local masks are no longer required In Florida.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,812
    Likes (Given)
    374
    Likes (Received)
    1738
    Bingoredfish,
    Good luck in AC. That is one place I want to go. If I could get a good price on flights I would go sometime.
    I have noticed Hard Rock Tulsa and Riverspirit have relaxed the mask requirements. You can get masks when you walk in but they do not say anything if you are not wearing them.
    Good luck.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,356
    Likes (Given)
    249
    Likes (Received)
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingoredfish View Post
    Going to AC next week. Curious as to what your thoughts were. Are people still masking up. Heard at my local masks are no longer required In Florida.
    I was there the weekend before NJ opened up completely so masks were still in place. Not sure if maskless is now OK but the Sunday I was there Harrah's and the Borgata were fairly crowded, Monday not so much. Food options at the time were still limited but Borgata was using their buffet as a stand in for the Amphora lounge. Harrah's used their buffet area to stand in for their Diamond and 7Star lounge on Sunday but was closed on Monday as was Starbucks. As for the 2 casinos, Harrrah's had a lot of floor area undergoing maintenance and had a bit of rundown feeling. At Harrah's I could not find any Buffalo Gold Machines though they did have other variations of this game and not a Wicked Winnings game on the floor. I played mostly at Harrah's and did manage to come home up almost $300(a rarity)
    Good Luck on your trip and hope you have a good time.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Rich99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    7,874
    Likes (Given)
    10221
    Likes (Received)
    4791
    Quote Originally Posted by wendy View Post
    Trying to maintain my composure. Due to COVID, did not go to casino for all of 2020 and still nothing for 2021 thus far. However,.......

    Booked an October trip to Vegas with friends!! Great deal we couldn't pass up and fingers crossed all is good at that time! Can't even imagine it!!
    Everything will be fine... You deserve this... You truly do...
    Here with You! since 9/29/09

  9. #9
    Senior Member wendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Western Canada
    Posts
    2,818
    Likes (Given)
    823
    Likes (Received)
    1410
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich99 View Post
    Everything will be fine... You deserve this... You truly do...
    The man with the plan has spoken! So be it!! ..... (thanks Richie!!)
    Home is where the heart is but any spare change I find goes in the Vegas Fund!

  10. #10
    Senior Member flyguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    6 niles past Resume Speed
    Posts
    2,594
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    899
    Wendy you can't drive across he Canadian border but if you go down south you can walk across the Mexican border and be closer to Vegas. Bonus is no ID needed.
    I bet you I can stop gambling!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •