Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 485
  1. #11
    Senior Member Uncle Coaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,594
    Likes (Given)
    643
    Likes (Received)
    693
    I've hesitated to post my diet routine here because I know I've cut back too much and I don't want anyone else to try it. However, I do want to get it out there anyway, so here goes...

    Drinks - water and flavored water only - 0 calories
    Breakfast - 90 calorie breakfast bar
    Lunch - 180 calorie protein shake
    Afternoon Snack - 100 calories of anything I want
    Dinner - up to 300 calories of a Smart Ones/Lean Cuisine frozen meal
    Evening Snack - 100 calorie bag of Smart Pop popcorn
    Average Daily Calories - 770

    Twice a week I'm allowed to "cheat" for dinner and go up to 600 calories. I try to spread that out and make it once on Tues-Thur and once on the weekend.

    I did the same diet in 2010 and lost 34 pounds in a month and a half. I felt good throughout that time and am feeling good so far this time. It took 2 1/2 years to put 30 pounds back on. This time, I'm going to try my best to commit to a healthier full-time routine once I'm at my target. That will be the hard part for me.

    - Jeff

  2. #12
    Crown Royal goldengreeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NW Illinois
    Posts
    18,425
    Likes (Given)
    2626
    Likes (Received)
    2769
    I am on a "modified" Atkins. I am staying away from any food that is white. Sugar, flour, bread, potatoes, pasta, rice, etc. Also no booze! In other words, everything I like.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    4,765
    Likes (Given)
    830
    Likes (Received)
    633
    After a weekend of snacking in AC and have a few drinks we are back on the protein drinks in the morning and no alcohol until the next casino trip or a family dinner. Even this trip I had maybe 3 wine spritzers a day, so not too bad.

    Good luck on the diets...you can do it!

  4. #14
    Junior Member angi465's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    York, PA
    Posts
    12
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RonC View Post
    Best of luck, sir. My wife is down 20 lbs since the beginning of the year and looks great. Perhaps I should get my fat behind out there, too.

    She did learn last week that exercise can be bad for your health... She took a tumble while running and ended up with a gash on her head, a broken nose, a sore arm, some road rash all over, and a concussion.

    Maybe I will stay on the couch...
    OMG! Tell her I hope she feels better! Poor soul!

  5. #15
    DrVeronica
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RonC View Post
    Best of luck, sir. My wife is down 20 lbs since the beginning of the year and looks great. Perhaps I should get my fat behind out there, too.

    She did learn last week that exercise can be bad for your health... She took a tumble while running and ended up with a gash on her head, a broken nose, a sore arm, some road rash all over, and a concussion.

    Maybe I will stay on the couch...
    Hope she feels much better, Ron. Just wait on her hand and foot and she'll be just fine

  6. #16
    DrVeronica
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengreeke View Post
    I am on a "modified" Atkins. I am staying away from any food that is white. Sugar, flour, bread, potatoes, pasta, rice, etc. Also no booze! In other words, everything I like.
    That sounds like everything I had yesterday!!

  7. #17
    Senior Member The Ponzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    South Bend, Indiana
    Posts
    3,184
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    48
    I honestly need to get back into a diet. Being a diabetic, I haven't been doing all that great about eating right lately.

    I do walk just about every night with my son (weather permitting). And I do some resistance arm exercises when I remember. I need to drop about 20lbs though.
    Check out my YouTube Channels

  8. #18
    Senior Member Darlene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,716
    Likes (Given)
    188
    Likes (Received)
    239
    I really need to make some food changes (I refuse to say diet). I'm a comfort food eater, if I'm stressed I eat, if I'm bored I eat, if I'm happy, sad etc. you get the idea. I'd like to have 50 pounds disappear. I used to have one of those metabolisms where I could never gain weight so developed lousy eating habits. I also get no exercise, that has to change. My excuse right now is it's either too hot or it's raining, maybe I should get off this forum right now and exercise........... maybe later.

    Good luck to everyone. Maybe I should give myself an incentive. Maybe put $10 aside for every pound I lose to add to my bankroll. Hmmmmm.

  9. #19
    Senior Member The Ponzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    South Bend, Indiana
    Posts
    3,184
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Darlene View Post
    I really need to make some food changes (I refuse to say diet). I'm a comfort food eater, if I'm stressed I eat, if I'm bored I eat, if I'm happy, sad etc. you get the idea. I'd like to have 50 pounds disappear. I used to have one of those metabolisms where I could never gain weight so developed lousy eating habits. I also get no exercise, that has to change. My excuse right now is it's either too hot or it's raining, maybe I should get off this forum right now and exercise........... maybe later.

    Good luck to everyone. Maybe I should give myself an incentive. Maybe put $10 aside for every pound I lose to add to my bankroll. Hmmmmm.
    I never been able to give myself an incentive like that. Because I just do it regardless! Haha. I always said once a doctor told me to get my butt in shape I would. And then one did, and I'm still sort of wishy washy about it all.
    Check out my YouTube Channels

  10. #20
    Crown Royal goldengreeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NW Illinois
    Posts
    18,425
    Likes (Given)
    2626
    Likes (Received)
    2769
    The best way to lose weight is to make a bet with another dieter for an amount you can't afford. Like betting them $1,000.00 that you both have to lose 30 pounds by Christmas. If the other doesn't make it, you're a grand ahead. If you lose, your screwed. If you both hit your goal, at least you lost the weight!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •