Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sorry, but I pretty much gave up. Found out that it's more fun just to eat everything I want.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengreeke View Post
    Sorry, but I pretty much gave up. Found out that it's more fun just to eat everything I want.
    Don't give up, tomorrow is a new day!!

Banned
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    My roomie is doing IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros) and it seems to be working for him.

The phrase If It Fits Your Macros (often abbreviated to IIFYM) refers to meeting the individual macronutrient needs relevant to one’s goals and then filling the remaining calories with foods of personal preference. Meaning, eat whatever you want as long as it fits your macros.

What “eat whatever you want as long as it fits your macros” means is basically, eat right, but don’t get all caught up in the whole ‘clean vs dirty’ food debate that seems to still go on. If you want to eat whole grain bread, oats, brown rice, etc. etc. Then do it. If you want to eat white bread, white rice, and pop tarts, as long as it fits in with your other macronutrients and your goals in terms of caloric intake then it isn’t going to make much of a difference in the long run. It all comes down to personal preference.
    IIFYM is achieved by following a structured diet similar to the below:

- 200lb man at 20% body fat wants to lose weight
    - Maintenance Calories: 3000
    - Calories to cut: 2400 - this is a 20% caloric deficit
    - 1.5g protein per lb/LBM: (1.5 * 160) 240g
    - 0.45g fat per lb/BW: (200 * 0.45) 90g
    - Calories from fats + protein minimums: (240 * 4) + (90 * 9) = 1770
    - Calories from reaching minimums taken from calories to cut: (2400 - 1770) 630
    - He has 630 kcal left to fill with whatever foods he chooses (pop-tarts, pizza, cake, ice cream) and still lose weight as a result of remaining in a calorie deficit.
    You still have to eat the things that are nutrient in nature, but with whatever is left, go to town! He is always posting pictures of Pop-Tarts on Facebook and people are all confused!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Been a while since I've posted in this thread. Here is my update:

Last Dec my dr kinda slapped my wrist and strongly advised I "do something". I enrolled in a gym with a bootcamp interval training mid Feb. Start weight 210 lbs. I went to my dr for a follow up visit 3 weeks ago and bingo! The numbers in my blood panel are very very good. I tipped the scale at 185 lbs.

I did not go on an official diet per se, but I have cut a lot of the bad stuff -including limiting the adult brewskies. I am now at 188 lbs, I fell off the wagon a bit. I skipped the gym quite a few times and going to LV recently didn't help either. I am picking myself up. Got to succeed this time and attain 175.

Strength too all who are on the same journey!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Hey, WTG moto! Feel a lot better too I'll bet. Like setting down a 25# rock, after carrying it around for a few years, and straightens out the blood panels.