Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by commanderbunbun View Post
    Love a "real" tree, but....
    About 6 years ago, our tree was loaded with ants and we didn't know till the morning when thousands of them greeted us!

We haven't had a real tree in 10 years. Used to always get one until we got one that was infested with SNAKES. it was horrifying. Fake trees are just fine now!

I do hope y'all find a perfect tree. Just make sure they blow it out very well! Lol
    ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    WOW! Ants AND snakes!! My tree shopping adventure is beginning to freak me out!
    Home is where the heart is but any spare change I find goes in the Vegas Fund!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    back when the kids were young we would go to one of those cut your own tree places.seemed we never found one they all agreed on until we were down a steep hill and I would feel like i was having a heart attack dragging the darn thing up the hill. now we just drive 2 blocks where some old guy who really looks like he needs the tree sales to survive sells them,always has a grandson with him and
    the poor kid looks like lifes been hard. makes me feel better when I tip the kid a few bucks for holding up the tree for us to decide.

never had ants, but a few years ago my wife found a bautifull tree angel thats taller than most,made me fit it into my carry on after a trip to visit son and eventual DIL in florida.... tricky getting a tree full enough but just short enough for tree angel lol.

Banned
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mine is from Target, I had a coupon! The story is that my roomie's ex who used to live with us took the Christmas tree with her when she moved out! Which was kind of BS as she had two of them (she was a manager at a store, got them cheap!). To my own personal satisfaction, I went and bought my very own Christmas tree! It is starting to look sickly after three years, but hopefully I can sexy it up a bit this year. But with 20 days to go, I guess I could put it up any day now!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by CennPennTraveler View Post
    Mine is from Target, I had a coupon!
    ...shocking

Merry Christmas Kenta Claus!
    Home is where the heart is but any spare change I find goes in the Vegas Fund!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    SNAKES?!?! OMG I would have had a heart attack, seriously! I've always been terrified of snakes, and we don't even have poisonous ones here.

How on earth did a small tree get infested with snakes?

We haven't put up a tree in years, but last year I put lights on one of a pair of crystal lamps I have. I'm going to put lights on both lamps this year, plus DH bought a string of LED lights that look like crackle glass ornaments, so I think I'll put those up on one of the beams in the living room.

Image12252012222943_00.jpg
    Zoom zoom!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzum View Post
    SNAKES?!?! OMG I would have had a heart attack, seriously! I've always been terrified of snakes, and we don't even have poisonous ones here.

How on earth did a small tree get infested with snakes?

We haven't put up a tree in years, but last year I put lights on one of a pair of crystal lamps I have. I'm going to put lights on both lamps this year, plus DH bought a string of LED lights that look like crackle glass ornaments, so I think I'll put those up on one of the beams in the living room.

Image12252012222943_00.jpg
    It was a large tree from a farm that apparently didn't blow them out very well. My son saw one slither out and freaked out. There were several wrapped around the trunk. It was just awful. I'm okay with snakes outside but not inside!!

And those look lovely!
    ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!

Closed by Request
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Remember National Lampoon's "Christmas With The Griswolds" when the squirrel comes out of the Christmas tree. That has to be one of the funniest moments in a movie for me.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    A squirrel I could handle, but not snakes!!

By small, I meant compared to a full-grown fir or pine (one big enough to saw up for lumber).
    Zoom zoom!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    YAY, Wends, nothing beats a REAL Christmas tree - it's the most beautiful EVER! Fresh smelling and so Christmassy! It's like Christmas in Fairy Land! Happy Christmas tree hunting on Sunday. Enjoy and have fun. And Happy Early Holidays to you and your family!
    "Happiness is a choice" ~ Lt. Randy Disher (Monk, The TV Series)