Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,944
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    24

    Foxwoods gift card giveaway

    So I had a $50 gift card to Stop and Shop waiting for me at Foxwoods today and I happened to be working in the area so I figured I would stop by after work and pick it up....perhaps try a few spins as well. I decided to throw in a couple hundred on some dollar machines in the high limit room, and that lasted about 10 minutes. Tabasco $1 wasn't kind to me so I needed to either take the gift card and run or keep pressing on. I tried Wonder 4 (Buffalo) and Epic Monopoly, hitting several bonuses along the way and ending up with...my gift card. All in all I spent $400 to get a $50 gift card....clearly Sarah did not marry me for my brains....

  2. #2
    Senior Member Zumzum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,802
    Likes (Given)
    12
    Likes (Received)
    181
    I'm sure you have other redeeming qualities! And, I think many of us have done something similar. At least it was worth $50! Last month, we went out to pick up a collapsible rolling cooler (maybe worth $15 if that) to give to my sister, and I lost more than $400! The worst part was, I had stopped earlier to get mine and had left there ahead a couple of hundred! All gone and then some when we went back to get DH's!

  3. #3
    Senior Member DProxima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    3,366
    Likes (Given)
    60
    Likes (Received)
    127
    LOL...I can appreciate this story...certainly done something similar. So, en route BACK from AC in August, I too can pick up a $100 S&S gift card...hopefully by then I'll have ZERO interest in slots after the weekend in AC and can escape unharmed.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    North Kingsville, Ohio
    Posts
    317
    Likes (Given)
    201
    Likes (Received)
    75
    I once lost around $600 at the Wynn trying to get 2 Free Buffets. Friggin stupid right???
    Gamblers always learn the hard way, but keep going back... Go figure...

  5. #5
    Kimsa70
    Guest
    If it makes you feel any better, I lost exactly $400 last night when I went to pick up my $100 Stop & Shop card. Only good thing, I earned 66 points, so that softened the blow, a bit!

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,944
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzum View Post
    I'm sure you have other redeeming qualities! And, I think many of us have done something similar. At least it was worth $50! Last month, we went out to pick up a collapsible rolling cooler (maybe worth $15 if that) to give to my sister, and I lost more than $400! The worst part was, I had stopped earlier to get mine and had left there ahead a couple of hundred! All gone and then some when we went back to get DH's!
    LOL thanks ZumZum good to know I'm not alone..

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,944
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimsa70 View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, I lost exactly $400 last night when I went to pick up my $100 Stop & Shop card. Only good thing, I earned 66 points, so that softened the blow, a bit!
    Wow they got us both!!!

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,944
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by DProxima View Post
    LOL...I can appreciate this story...certainly done something similar. So, en route BACK from AC in August, I too can pick up a $100 S&S gift card...hopefully by then I'll have ZERO interest in slots after the weekend in AC and can escape unharmed.
    Have you EVER had zero interest in slots?? Be honest Daniel!....

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,944
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye1 View Post
    I once lost around $600 at the Wynn trying to get 2 Free Buffets. Friggin stupid right???
    Gamblers always learn the hard way, but keep going back... Go figure...

    We sure do, time and time again no matter how bad we get beat up!

  10. #10
    Senior Member DProxima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    3,366
    Likes (Given)
    60
    Likes (Received)
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by CasinomanCT View Post
    Have you EVER had zero interest in slots?? Be honest Daniel!....
    Lol. Well, there is a Wonder 4 bank in the vicinity and I *may* just swing in to check out the progressives and I may take a gander at Wonka, oh, and I may...oh geez....not good.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •