Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I thought the few of you that still look at this tread would enjoy a pic of the snow we have gotten the last few days.

Really like this one. Love that you caught part of the barn.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Beautiful photos Rick ~ postcard or Christmas card worthy! I'm jealous!
    Home is where the heart is but any spare change I find goes in the Vegas Fund!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sunset from 2/15/2015.

Learn a lesson from your dog: No matter what life brings you, kick some grass over that shit and move on.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This week is spring break for my son, but we (I) decided to stay home this year. We didn't do much but we did make a day trip to Jackson Hole, Wyoming.

I didn't capture nearly enough pictures, but thought I would share what I did get here. The link is for Facebook, but you shouldn't need to be a fb member nor my friend there to see them. link removed

We had a great time. I love to drive with my son. He is like me, quiet and can drive for miles without chatter. We turn on some tunes and just go.

We traveled from our home to Soda Springs, Idaho to Jackson Hole, Wyoming and home via Idaho Falls, Idaho. It was a great day trip and one we intend to make again when Jackson Hole has less snow. We have none here at home! We saw one Blue Bird (no pic sadly), which is the state bird of Idaho. I have never seen one around our home, but have almost always seen one on each trip through Soda Springs. They are very pretty birds.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rick; 11-08-2015 at 07:18 PM. Reason: added image
    Learn a lesson from your dog: No matter what life brings you, kick some grass over that shit and move on.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Incredible pictures Rick! A Winter Wonderland!
    Thanx for posting!
    Here with You! since 9/29/09

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Now that is the way to spend Spring Break - just chillin with family and on a road trip; that one is a great destination. DH decided one long weekend to surprise me (this was during one of my pityparties and I was really in a funk) with a surprise road trip to Yellowstone. It's a few hours to get there, and he packed a bag for a couple of days for both of us, hid it in the SUV, had the road munchies all packed, tunes ready, and my frozen diet pepsi slushie ready to go. He made all the reservations at a cute little motel (the kind they had in the 60's - 70's; very clean and comfy and my favorite kind - I like quirky), and we toured Yellowstone for a couple of days before heading back home. Total rejuvenation. I may not be lucky with the slots, but I hit the jackpot with my hubby.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Rick, great pix, thanks for the point to your FB page.
    That horse drawn hearse makes me think...
    I've been working on getting my will updated and I guess I seemed obsessed because my husband asked me the other night "did you have a premonition or something?" lol
    Then, on Saturday morning just as we got on to the Garden State Parkway, there was a hearse in the lane next to us.
    ARGH
    Got to get that puppy signed

Glad you had a great day trip with your son!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What a wonderful trip with your son!! Beautiful pics Rick!! That's a lot of elk...Wow!! Those blue birds look very photogenic!!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    ​Rick, sounds like a fun road trip....love the pictures...thanks for sharing.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich99 View Post
    Incredible pictures Rick! A Winter Wonderland!
    Thanx for posting!
    Thanks Rich!

Quote Originally Posted by Slotjunkie View Post
    Now that is the way to spend Spring Break - just chillin with family and on a road trip; that one is a great destination. DH decided one long weekend to surprise me (this was during one of my pityparties and I was really in a funk) with a surprise road trip to Yellowstone. It's a few hours to get there, and he packed a bag for a couple of days for both of us, hid it in the SUV, had the road munchies all packed, tunes ready, and my frozen diet pepsi slushie ready to go. He made all the reservations at a cute little motel (the kind they had in the 60's - 70's; very clean and comfy and my favorite kind - I like quirky), and we toured Yellowstone for a couple of days before heading back home. Total rejuvenation. I may not be lucky with the slots, but I hit the jackpot with my hubby.
    You know for not living that far away to Yellowstone, I haven't been since I was a kid. We may head to Old Faithful in May. Congrats on your keeper!

Quote Originally Posted by thelma View Post
    Rick, great pix, thanks for the point to your FB page.
    That horse drawn hearse makes me think...
    I've been working on getting my will updated and I guess I seemed obsessed because my husband asked me the other night "did you have a premonition or something?" lol
    Then, on Saturday morning just as we got on to the Garden State Parkway, there was a hearse in the lane next to us.
    ARGH
    Got to get that puppy signed

Glad you had a great day trip with your son!
    Thanks Thelma it was a great day! I hope you are able to put your mind at ease and get that signed and out of your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Emily888 View Post
    What a wonderful trip with your son!! Beautiful pics Rick!! That's a lot of elk...Wow!! Those blue birds look very photogenic!!
    Thanks Emily! Your eye and talent would make them POP!

Quote Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
    ​Rick, sounds like a fun road trip....love the pictures...thanks for sharing.
    Thanks Cassie!