Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Do you look at the pays before you play?

Not sure if it's my OCD or what but even on slots I've played before, I sometimes hit the pays button to check which symbols are wild, scatters, bonus, etc.

On slots I've never played before, I always check the pays first.

I don't have the best memory when it comes to remembering which symbols are wild (even on games I've played before)...

Anyone else check the pays first or do you just stick the cash in and start playing?
    https://twitter.com/Mr_FurleySlots

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrFurleySlots

Disclaimer: Profile photo is not a photo of me. Just a photo of the late great actor Don Knotts as the TV character Mr. Furley.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have to say YES, when it comes to Mechanical Reels.
    If I am looking for a small return on my FP or whatever, I try to choose a game that has a lower end pay out on the top prize.
    for instance: $1 2 Coin Double Double Black Tie vs $1 2 Coin Double 3x4x5x Pay
    Top Prize on 1 coin is $1000 or $2400 respectively, so I'll play the one that should be easier (should be LOL)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Not really, especially on some of the newer games. There are just too many symbols, lines and combos to keep track of. Sometimes when I hit on one of them, I'll look at the screen and wonder to myself as the Win credits accumulate: "What's so good about that?"

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I do the same- not necessarily for the pays, but I want to know exactly what I need to trigger a bonus
    -stef
    Follow me on twitter for live tweets and photos
    @sme519

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sme519 View Post
    I do the same- not necessarily for the pays, but I want to know exactly what I need to trigger a bonus
    -stef
    Yeah, that's mostly why I check. To see if the bonus symbols can be scattered or have to be on adjacent reels. So many different combinations!
    https://twitter.com/Mr_FurleySlots

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrFurleySlots

Disclaimer: Profile photo is not a photo of me. Just a photo of the late great actor Don Knotts as the TV character Mr. Furley.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Always check when playing games not played before. Could be a big benefit on Reel Power (?) (Buffalo, Pompeii). Also follow Thelma's idea on payouts for Reel machines. Not looking for the bonanza payout. Just want play time with decent chance at hitting a decent payout.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I actually enjoy playing the game and trying to figure out the rules from how the machine plays. It I can't figure something out after some number of spins, then I might look at the help to find the answer, but I do generally prefer figuring it out myself. Usually the machine will give sufficient audio or visual clues to let you know about the special symbols (like bonus-initiating symbols).

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Almost never. The pay table tells players almost nothing these days. Some of the lowest pay tables are the biggest payers. Occasionally I will eventually cheat and take a look if there is some weird game mechanic. In general, I like to be surprised. Good question.

/\/\/\/\ the Shamus /\/\/\/\

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I tend not to look as well. I like the surprise factor. Plus, it usually isn't too hard to figure it out after a couple 20's. But...I will look if something happened that I didn't expect or if a game has several different bonuses I'm unfamiliar with...just to see how they work.
    DProxima wants to give you money! CLICK HERE!
    Visit DProxima.com for slot tips!
    For
    SLOT VIDEOS & SLOT FUN WATCH HERE!

Senior Member California Dreamer's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I look so i know what to hope for. I like the machines that have it there on the outside. Then the pays light up when you win it. Pretty cool.