Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566
    Banned
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I learned to skip the free cheese and crackers and go right for the sliders and bar!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just like a little homing pigeon :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by CennPennTraveler View Post
    I learned to skip the free cheese and crackers and go right for the sliders and bar!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    For those who pressed the button in the tourney, what were the lessons learned?
    run good

What was the actual experience like?
    nothing special, the actual process of a slot tourney doesnt differ based on the buy in or money at stake

Were you sweating? Was your heart beating fast? Did you feel faint?
    (during) no, no, no
    (after) heavily, out of control, almost did faint a number of times (until i finally had enough champagne where nerves turned into adrenaline and primal screaming at complete strangers)

What was your biggest hit?
    double diamond, double diamond, double diamond with 30 seconds left to go (2500 credits)

What would you do differently next time if anything?
    win first place instead of second

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelma View Post
    You're very welcome!
    and thank YOU all!
    I was relaxed doing it.
    The button was a little stiff on my machine (prob all) but it didn't affect anything, really.
    Stay with: don't beat the crap out of the button!
    I asked mike afterwards if he didn't beat the crap out of the button, right?!
    He said, "no, I didn't. I played it just like a regular slot machine"
    I think his $75K justifies our MO (right Penny?! You coined the term, after all! LOL).

I know Steph and mike can add their feelings (weez had a rush going for $250K, and mike was sweating, being in 2nd for an hour and a half and having to watch all the others with potential to beat his score), and I'm sure they will!
    I would do nothing differently, no.
    Cast your bread upon the waters and see what Fate brings you!
    Yep, it was fun and I would do it again as the odds were good. I remember being in first at GN last year but only for $2500 and then slipping to 2nd for $1200 but it was a still a nice rush. The lady beside was wailing on the button and I was clicking away. She was screaming at the machine to hurry up I was like chill lady you drive me crazy......

I will play this week in the small one at GN on Thursday for $500 in FP as they are fun.

Glad you were there to do all the paperwork and push the button. We will get them next time.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelma View Post
    Group 2 Two For The Money:

Time for your money back.

mike841 and thelma got cash back.
    Georgiagambler, I've put a check in the mail to you.
    7 of you paid via PayPal and your $100 share has been sent back to you via that method.
    Please get back to me if there are any glitches with PayPal.
    Sarah (gamer-girl):
    especially, you please check PP.
    Strange issues with PP, sending you PP.
    First, "Unclaimed" appeared and was given a (canned) reason why this payment might be 'unclaimable'.
    "Cancel" was the option, so 'cancelled'.

Then went to your original "Payment Sent", and "Refunded"
    Says "Completed"

But not 100% sure this is true because I've received no email from PP saying "You've Issued a Refund" which is standard for PP to send in a case of refund.

What's up with PP this morning???
    IDK
    All others (7) went through immediately, with no glitches.
    ugh...

All cleared up now, thelma! I've only used my paypal account twice before, to pay for a few items from ebay. Apparently my account was fine for sending money, but not for receiving it, go figure. All I needed to do was confirm my email address, and verify my bank account number, which I was able to do instantly earlier today. Sorry for the confusion this morning

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonus Times View Post
    Thanks all for the 3rd time for letting me be a part of this. It was fun and I wasn't even there.

For those who pressed the button in the tourney, what were the lessons learned? What was the actual experience like? Were you sweating? Was your heart beating fast? Did you feel faint? What was your biggest hit? What would you do differently next time if anything? Those of us who might join the slot tourney circuit need to know.
    I can't tell you the rush it was playing in this tourney, where else are you going to have the chance to win $250K? Not on any slot machine I know of! I think I learned more what NOT to do by watching some of the players afterwards. Guys and gals slapping buttons left and right as fast as they could. Slow and steady wins this one...you're NOT going to get an extra hit if you keep slapping the button. You have to let the machine reset itself.

Towards the end I remember I had two double diamond, double diamond hits back to back. Something on that third reel would have made a heck of a different and put group 1 into money to at least get their investment back. But that's gambling!

I will say that in the future Borgata needs to make sure that all the buttons are working properly. There were a few times where I pressed the spin button and it didn't register, leading to having to hit it again 2-3 times.