Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Picture posting using Photobucket

I thought that I would try and put together a little bit of help for posting pics using photobucket.

First of all you need a photobucket account. Go to www.photobucket.com and sign up for one. Or if you are logged in to facebook, you can sign in using your facebook account.

Once in your account you will need to create an album, you can create a new album on the right of the screen click on 'create new album'.

Once created you should then be placed in that album. Now it is time to upload some photos. Click the green 'Upload now' at the top of the screen. Click on 'Select photos and videos', locate your pics click on them and using the CTRL key to select multiple pics, then click on open, and your pics will be uploaded.

You will then be asked if you want to upload more or save and continue to your album. If you just continue on you will be viewing your album with all of your recently uploaded pics!

Now the part to get them onto SMF.

While looking at your pics on photobucket if you hoover the mouse over the pic you want to share you will see a menu that pops up. Next click in the box following IMG Code (highlighted in the pic),
    and you will see the word copied briefly appear, this means that it was copied to your clipboard so that you may paste the link into your post.

Now in your post just paste the link, either by typing CTRL V, or right clicking and hitting paste.

If you clicked on the photo to view it, the IMG code will be listed on the right of the screen, again you can just click in the box to copy, and then paste the link into your post.

This is what has always worked for me. If I forgot anything or if anyone would like to clairfy anything please feel free.

Also keep in mind that we are only allowed 20 pics or 5 videos in any single post, including the smileys.

Another tip is if you have a long report, and you are worried about SMF timing out, I always type my reports into an editor, and past all my links into it, after I put in 4 links, I will put in a break line something like this:

And then I know that I have to cut and paste each section into seperate posts in my thread.

Hope that was helpful! BTW, I did all these steps using Windows 7 and Firefox. I am not sure about Macs, but I am guessing it will be pretty similar.
    Last edited by Rick; 01-09-2013 at 09:44 PM. Reason: updated pic posting limits.
    Learn a lesson from your dog: No matter what life brings you, kick some grass over that shit and move on.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Also keep in mind that we are only allowed 4 pics in any single post, including the smileys.

I believe that Joey upgraded it to 10 pix and 5 videos. Makes posts a lot easier and neater.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paw Paw View Post
    I believe that Joey upgraded it to 10 pix and 5 videos. Makes posts a lot easier and neater.
    Thanks Paw Paw, I got the original post updated.
    Learn a lesson from your dog: No matter what life brings you, kick some grass over that shit and move on.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thought I had it but when I attempted to Add Files, I copied and pasted the URL and it says Invalid File?

Penny
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BorgataBabe View Post
    Thought I had it but when I attempted to Add Files, I copied and pasted the URL and it says Invalid File?
    BorgotaBabe, I totally feel your pain. I've been there done that. My 18 year old could help me do it, but he would just make fun of me. I WILL figure out how to post pics & videos some day. I'm sure you are frustrated.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BorgataBabe View Post
    Just insert the img file in the text as you are typing. You dont need to go advanced or add files. It won't show up as a pic until you post the reply.
    "When better women are made, Faber men will make them."

Slot videos for the Common Man: http://www.youtube.com/user/theyerts...e=results_main

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    good info... good visual aids

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by treyster View Post
    Just insert the img file in the text as you are typing. You dont need to go advanced or add files. It won't show up as a pic until you post the reply.
    Thanks for the tip! I just added my DH's beautiful 5 raven picture to that post using this tip. I figured someone here would have enough tech knowledge to know what to do. Thank you again.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I see now that 20 pixs can be posted.