Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 410

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    566
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    92

    SF's Official "Heavy Sigh" Thread.

    Thought I would go ahead and put this up so we could all have a place to come and vent our Sigh moments.

    Give us your Heavy sighs, or some words to liven someones day.
    Learn a lesson from your dog: No matter what life brings you, kick some grass over that shit and move on.

  2. #2
    Senior Member JPParty-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    761
    Likes (Given)
    47
    Likes (Received)
    18
    Good call. We all need to vent sometimes. Wendy will love this! As will others including myself.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Oakley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Southeastern PA
    Posts
    231
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    6
    I feel a little guilty sighing deeply about having no power at home when we have a safe, warm, alternative place to stay. But we live in one of those western suburbs of Philadelphia where the power went off at 4 a.m. last Wednesday in the ice storm. Now, early Sunday, PECO's best estimate is that we'll have power around 11 p.m. Sunday.

    But they also hedge by saying some customers will be without power into next week. Our experience is that we're among the last 200 to be restored no matter how big or small the power outage, so we fully expect it may be Monday or Tuesday till we have power.

    We're really worried about Monday night, when temps are supposed to dip to 10 degrees. We're on a well, so we can't turn on faucets to let the water drip. (No power, no well pump.) The water is turned off, but we do worry about pipes freezing and bursting in 10 degree weather.

    There are still 100,000 people without power in our area, and we really are among the lucky ones who don't have to stay home huddled around the fireplace or reliant on Red Cross shelters. But 5-6 days is a long time. And when we get home we'll have to throw out several hundred dollars worth of refrigerator contents. (Again, we're lucky, friends took a lot of our freezer stock or the value would be a lot higher.)

    Anyway, sorry if this sounds like a First World problem, but I just needed to vent!

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    9,947
    Likes (Given)
    825
    Likes (Received)
    669
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakley View Post
    I feel a little guilty sighing deeply about having no power at home when we have a safe, warm, alternative place to stay. But we live in one of those western suburbs of Philadelphia where the power went off at 4 a.m. last Wednesday in the ice storm. Now, early Sunday, PECO's best estimate is that we'll have power around 11 p.m. Sunday.

    But they also hedge by saying some customers will be without power into next week. Our experience is that we're among the last 200 to be restored no matter how big or small the power outage, so we fully expect it may be Monday or Tuesday till we have power.

    We're really worried about Monday night, when temps are supposed to dip to 10 degrees. We're on a well, so we can't turn on faucets to let the water drip. (No power, no well pump.) The water is turned off, but we do worry about pipes freezing and bursting in 10 degree weather.

    There are still 100,000 people without power in our area, and we really are among the lucky ones who don't have to stay home huddled around the fireplace or reliant on Red Cross shelters. But 5-6 days is a long time. And when we get home we'll have to throw out several hundred dollars worth of refrigerator contents. (Again, we're lucky, friends took a lot of our freezer stock or the value would be a lot higher.)

    Anyway, sorry if this sounds like a First World problem, but I just needed to vent!
    Certainly no apology necessary, if that's not something to sigh about then gees. Hope they surprise you for once and get it on earlier!!

    Ang

  5. #5
    Senior Member wendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Western Canada
    Posts
    2,690
    Likes (Given)
    630
    Likes (Received)
    1203
    I do love this.......... We had a "short" week here as we had a new stat holiday this past Monday ~ "Family Day". Felt like 9 days were compressed into these 4 work days. Needed to be 3 people at some points. Looking forward to the weekend ~ cleaning tomorrow and slotting Sunday.

    So just one day of heavy sigh..........................

    P.S. Thank-you Rick
    Home is where the heart is but any spare change I find goes in the Vegas Fund!

  6. #6
    Senior Member Cassie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Far, far away.....
    Posts
    3,418
    Likes (Given)
    966
    Likes (Received)
    1043
    ****sigh**** driving 3.5 hours to go gambling for 3 nights **** sigh*** damn Texas for not having casinos

  7. #7
    Senior Member JPParty-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    761
    Likes (Given)
    47
    Likes (Received)
    18
    Woke up sick as a dog this morning. Throat is all inflamed. Stopped at Walgreens on the way to work and picke up some Zycam and cough drops. Sigh.......

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    848
    Likes (Given)
    1124
    Likes (Received)
    587
    Quote Originally Posted by JPParty-man View Post
    Woke up sick as a dog this morning. Throat is all inflamed. Stopped at Walgreens on the way to work and picke up some Zycam and cough drops. Sigh.......
    DH woke up with the sore throat and runny orifices - doing a lot of whining (both of us cuz I gotta listen to it). My pity meter falls short when he does this to himself and I have to suffer too. He is a LOUSY patient. Again, heavy sigh.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    707
    Likes (Given)
    13
    Likes (Received)
    118
    Knowing all 4 wisdom teeth need to come out, two years of procrastinating is paying off in the worst way ***sigh***....

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    9,947
    Likes (Given)
    825
    Likes (Received)
    669
    Quote Originally Posted by drj898 View Post
    Knowing all 4 wisdom teeth need to come out, two years of procrastinating is paying off in the worst way ***sigh***....
    Oh you poor thing, been there and done that. Make SURE they give you pain meds and don't even think about trying to eat anything that's not soft for about 5 days to a week. It will be so much better in a couple weeks though. Sending you hugs!!!!

    Ang

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •