Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Wendy, Thoughts & Prayers that All will turn out well...
    Please keep me posted...
    xoxo
    Here with You! since 9/29/09

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks Rich..... You're so sweet
    Home is where the heart is but any spare change I find goes in the Vegas Fund!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by wendy View Post
    Thanks so much you two........

Haven't been here in a while....... Been a strange summer. Didn't have our family holiday at our cabin as it has been evacuated due to wildfires that have been going on in our beautiful province since July 7. Seems like all of B.C. is on fire at times. The fire is now about 2km (about a mile and a half) from our area. Feel so helpless. We dashed in on July 18 to grab stuff and thought at that time "hope this is a wasted trip". Fires/Wind mixed and for those not up on what's going on in B.C. the fires are burning out of control despite water bombers, ground crews working tirelessly round the clock. So many areas/people affected...... people displaced and evacuated for so long now. My heart just breaks for them...... And now with what's going on in Houston, Texas ~ you just HAVE to be grateful if you have a home to live in. Ours is just a cabin so it's not as bad as a home so I feel fortunate in that regard. Thankfully, on July 1st (before the fires started) we had a big family celebration to commemorate the cabin being in the family for FIFTY years!! If we have to let it go, I'm so grateful we had that time....... Sigh.......
    Wendy
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope rains come and put all the fires out and everyone else is spared.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelma View Post
    Wendy
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope rains come and put all the fires out and everyone else is spared.
    You are so Wonderful!! !!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks for nice words everyone.....happy to report our cabin (and all structures around our lake) are safe and sound thanks to the hard working firefighters! This fire was a beast and they finally got the upper hand!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks for nice words everyone.....happy to report our cabin (and all structures around our lake) are safe and sound thanks to the hard working firefighters! This fire was a beast and they finally got the upper hand!
    That is Great news!!!
    So Happy to hear this!!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Wonderful news, Wendy, we've had our fingers crossed for you. One of our grandaughters lives in Pasadena, Ca. and constantly lives under the threat created by Wildfires.
    Hope your family enjoys another 50 years and the memories created there.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettin Man View Post
    Wonderful news, Wendy, we've had our fingers crossed for you. One of our grandaughters lives in Pasadena, Ca. and constantly lives under the threat created by Wildfires.
    Hope your family enjoys another 50 years and the memories created there.
    Even though this post is over a year old, we and many others live year to year with wildfires. What a sweet and thoughtful post Bettin Man ~ I wish the same for your family members. My son had a job as a forestry firefighter this year and told us many stories of the challenges they faced and the gratitude of residents. Prayers for continued safety for all......

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Even though this post is over a year old, we and many others live year to year with wildfires. What a sweet and thoughtful post Bettin Man ~ I wish the same for your family members. My son had a job as a forestry firefighter this year and told us many stories of the challenges they faced and the gratitude of residents. Prayers for continued safety for all......
    Hi Wendy,

Thank you to your son for his service, and a prayer for his safety.

We had occasion last year while on vacation in Sedona, Arizona, to make a side trip to Yarnell, Arizona to pay our respects to the 19 Granite Mountain Hotshots who lost their lives fighting the Yarnell Hill Fire in 2013.
    This memorial tribute site is now added to the 9-11 memorial, Flight 93 memorial, and the Wall in D.C. which I visit yearly to honor my fallen heroes who I fought along side of, and all of which will humble me and immediately bring tears to my eyes.
    Like the firemen who entered the Towers on 9-11, these 19 Hot Shots who rushed forward without personal regard for their safety, must remain in our hearts and minds forever.
    I sat on the ground where they fell and are memorialized and said a prayer for each of them and their families.
    Last edited by Bettin Man; 09-26-2018 at 01:09 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettin Man View Post
    Hi Wendy,

Thank you to your son for his service, and a prayer for his safety.

We had occasion last year while on vacation in Sedona, Arizona, to make a side trip to Yarnell, Arizona to pay our respects to the 19 Granite Mountain Hotshots who lost their lives fighting the Yarnell Hill Fire in 2013.
    This memorial tribute site is now added to the 9-11 memorial, Flight 93 memorial, and the Wall in D.C. which I visit yearly to honor my fallen heroes who I fought along side of, and will humble me and immediately bring tears to my eyes.
    Like the firemen who entered the Towers on 9-11, these 19 Hot Shots who rushed forward without personal regard for their safety, must remain in our hearts and minds forever.
    I sat on the ground where they fell and are memorialized and said a prayer for each of them and their families.
    Wow.......what a genuinely thoughtful person you are to take the time to honour all of these people. Thank you for that!