Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heartbroken...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    On Ash Wednesday I went to Mass to receive the blessing, having been an altar Boy for 9 years growing up I still believe in the power and love of God, even though at times like this we question our faith. I prayed for everyone who is suffering right now under many various circumstances and asked for them to receive strength and courage in the days ahead.

Those of you have followed me over time know that I lost my first wife after a 30 year battle with Multiple Sclerosis , and Pat lost her first husband through Cancer. We had 2 children, Pat has 4. Over time, we like everyone, have lost many relatives and friends to various ailments and diseases, all of which have left us devastated. We are saddened by the loss of our parents, but somewhere in the back of our minds we know that day will arrive in all our lives and prepare for it well in advance.

The event we are never prepared for is the loss of Siblings and Children, especially our Children.... Pat lost her youngest of 4 boys 26 years ago, on February 7th, to an overdose, and the pain is there every day for her. The hardest thing to accept is when we outlive our children....

Our hearts reach out to Amy and her husband, Rich and Karen, and all who have endured this type of loss. Steph, please remember the wonderful moments shared with your brother and hold them close to you. My brother and I drifted apart for many years due to careers and distance but came to realize that we are all we have left of our family and there are far fewer days ahead of us than there are behind us. We speak several times a week now and always end the call with , " I love you, Bro. "

God bless all of our Fanatic family...
    Last edited by Bettin Man; 02-20-2021 at 09:23 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Rich thank you for keeping us informed. This group has many great members who have became friends through some very unusual circumstances.

Amy and Steph my heart ♥️ goes out to you and the rest of your family. While I canít change what has happened, know that my prayers are and will be ongoing to give you the strength to endure.

Sandy

Sent from my iPad using Slot Fanatics

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenhunter View Post
    Rich thank you for keeping us informed. This group has many great members who have became friends through some very unusual circumstances.

Amy and Steph my heart ♥️ goes out to you and the rest of your family. While I can’t change what has happened, know that my prayers are and will be ongoing to give you the strength to endure.

Sandy

Sent from my iPad using Slot Fanatics
    Thank You Sandy!
    xoxo
    Here with You! since 9/29/09