Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I know some people are against stimulus because not every on actually needs it, and I get that on its surface...however there wasnít much f that concern when we gave trillions in tax cuts to the very rich.

I know this, if you give money to most of us it will likely go back into the economy in some way.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelma View Post
    2,700 sq ft 1884 Victorian completely updated on a half acre lot, which is a lot in town, in a Residential/Professional Zone which requires that lot size. -13K a year in prop taxes. NJ is brutal. Which is why retirees leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Slot Fanatics mobile app
    that just hurts. I spoke with someone from NJ for my job and she said she is trying to sell her home, but the actual seller has to pay some sort of "tax" "fee"??? to sell her home? I forgot what it was - do you know what she is talking about?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by pittsburgh View Post
    I know some people are against stimulus because not every on actually needs it, and I get that on its surface...however there wasnít much f that concern when we gave trillions in tax cuts to the very rich.

I know this, if you give money to most of us it will likely go back into the economy in some way.
    Doesnít matter. Itís too difficult to do a needs based payment. Accept that and youíll move on.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Oh my goodness. I just can't imagine paying those taxes for any of you.

I'm gonna tell you we pay less than 500. taxes, for two houses. The house we live in is on a acre, rural unincorporated area. 1700 sq ft, 3 bd, 1 bath, Ranch. We bought this in 1987, for 19,500. Yep, its an old house, with creaky floors and drafty windows. Yes, its in bad need of updates. We raised 4 kids here. Now its just the two of us. We could spend tons of money to fix her up. But, in todays dollars, we would never get that money back. We could not find another place to live with this kind of space, anyway. Were both in our 60's. and as soon as he retires, traveling , is the end game, until health dictates its time to head home.

The other house is in town , belonged to his Mother. Small lot, Small 2 bedroom, 1 bath. It sits empty thanks to Medcare, demanding , my husband remove his name, from the title, even though it had been there and we been paying taxes for more than 7 years before . Less than 6 months in the care facility, she passed. We contacted Medicare to see how much their hold on the property would be. 0. It was her only possession, who inherited, from her folks who built it. So now it just sits in limbo.

The thing is, the tax assessor , gets wind of any changes to your property, they on top of it . I had an antenna tower placed on the back of the property, very next day, the assessor, was taking photos. Do you think that caused our taxes to go down?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Doesn’t matter. It’s too difficult to do a needs based payment. Accept that and you’ll move on.

Oh, trust me, I am in 1000% agreement. There is no way you could determine who is underemployed, working less hours, etc because of this.

I am 100% for the broad payments to everyone, as like I said, for most people that get it the money goes right back into the economy.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slotjunkie View Post
    that just hurts. I spoke with someone from NJ for my job and she said she is trying to sell her home, but the actual seller has to pay some sort of "tax" "fee"??? to sell her home? I forgot what it was - do you know what she is talking about?
    I do. It's called a Realty Transfer Tax. Sold as 'the cost of recording the deed' haha. Imagine $3K or $4K to record a transfer. Are we that stupid?! haha. Yes, the seller pays it.
    If the property is $1M or over, the fee is doubled: both seller and buyer pay.
    Capital Gains tax on the profit when you sell in NJ? Yes, that too. If you sell and are moving out of state, you must pay the top income tax rate (just under 9%) up front/before moving out. That's why it got branded "The NJ Exit Tax".. They call that an "estimated tax". If they overtaxed you, you have to wait for a refund when you file your annual NJ return.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I do. It's called a Realty Transfer Tax. Sold as 'the cost of recording the deed' haha. Imagine $3K or $4K to record a transfer. Are we that stupid?! haha. Yes, the seller pays it.
    If the property is $1M or over, the fee is doubled: both seller and buyer pay.
    Capital Gains tax on the profit when you sell in NJ? Yes, that too. If you sell and are moving out of state, you must pay the top income tax rate (just under 9%) up front/before moving out. That's why it got branded "The NJ Exit Tax".. They call that an "estimated tax". If they overtaxed you, you have to wait for a refund when you file your annual NJ return.
    and yet another reason to stay off the east coast. Idaho has its problems, but at least you won't starve!!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slotjunkie View Post
    and yet another reason to stay off the east coast. Idaho has its problems, but at least you won't starve!!
    Yes, as I said, itís not the place to retire.
    But the salaries are high.