Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lets talk about price Gouging.

Once a state of emergency is declared in an area, a price-gouging ban takes effect there. The ban can remain in effect up to 30 days after the state of emergency ends. People or companies that price gouge can be punished. It's a crime punishable by a $500 fine, six months in prison, or both.Mar 14, 2020

So, My child is working in Louisiana. His company ask for Volunteers. Where they are staying, no power, cept back up generators. They all took
    Ice Chests with food to cook themselves, and I hear gumbo is on the menu most of the time.

Imagine finding a donuts shop with power.

He goes in, orders two dozen donuts for the crew. Lady rings him up to the tune of 155.00. No credit cards no debit cards, but oh, got that atm.
    Can't get cash on company card, so he uses his personal card. What an idiot. The company will reimburse him, but, I am just saying, man is that
    Hungry for anything other than gumbo, or what??

Forgot to add in that while he is down there working, he not only missed his son's first football game, but also his daughters very first day of Pre-school.
    Last edited by JJinNewkirk; 09-04-2020 at 12:10 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJinNewkirk View Post
    Once a state of emergency is declared in an area, a price-gouging ban takes effect there. The ban can remain in effect up to 30 days after the state of emergency ends. People or companies that price gouge can be punished. It's a crime punishable by a $500 fine, six months in prison, or both.Mar 14, 2020

So, My child is working in Louisiana. His company ask for Volunteers. Where they are staying, no power, cept back up generators. They all took
    Ice Chests with food to cook themselves, and I hear gumbo is on the menu most of the time.

Imagine finding a donuts shop with power.

He goes in, orders two dozen donuts for the crew. Lady rings him up to the tune of 155.00. No credit cards no debit cards, but oh, got that atm.
    Can't get cash on company card, so he uses his personal card. What an idiot. The company will reimburse him, but, I am just saying, man is that
    Hungry for anything other than gumbo, or what??

Forgot to add in that while he is down there working, he not only missed his son's first football game, but also his daughters very first day of Pre-school.

That works out to be $ 6.46 per donut !! There is no excuse on this Earth to justify that especially for people who are there to help the locals restore what they have lost..

Please thank your son for his commitment and sense of decency. God bless and keep him and his coworkers safe..

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    That is absolutely appalling!! I would Not have purchased the donuts! Instead i would have used the money if needed to film the store and it's location and bomb social media to make certain it goes viral!
    The donut shop owner should be ashamed of himself, the big problem for him is he is Not...
    Here with You! since 9/29/09

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If anything the donut shop owner should be helping the people that are there helping the community. Shame on the owner for gouging.
    I hope karma bites the donut owner on the butt.
    I would have told the owner he was crazy to charge that and I would have left.