Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

9/11 - NEVER FORGET !!!

i'm sitting in my office , it's 4:45 am, and I'm looking out at the New York City skyline some 35 miles away across the Hudson River, as I was 18 years ago today.
    Little did I or anyone else know the horror that would play out several hours from now 18 years ago.
    18 years have past and unless you were part of this tragedy here this has sort of become Old News, as we have become desensitized by the News and Headlines we see and hear daily and the horrors that prevail.
    Many who may read this may have lost friends and loved ones such as I did that day and I share your pain and loss today and everyday of our lives.
    I still pray for a text or voice mail that will never come, a Neighbors car pulling in to his driveway after work and a wave and a smile we shared weekly that will never appear again.
    My grandaughter was a sophomore in high school and worked at a daycare after school for several hours, and stilll lives with the memory of 3 small children who were not greeted and hugged by their parents that night, or ever again.
    The world as we knew it changed forever that morning and so did we.
    I visit the memorial site often and run my fingers across the etched names of those I still cherish the memory of along the Pools of Tranquility. Each name is heated so that you never touch a cold surface and through that they remain alive in our hearts and mind.
    On Friday I will visit the memorial in Shanksville, Pa. where the heroes of Flight 93 prevented a further disaster by taking matters in to their own hands and destiny.
    A beautiful tribute has been completed there known as the Tower of Voices. 40 highly tuned wind chimes stand up high in a tower where they fell to earth, and when the wind stirs across the site I swear you can hear their voices reach out to us.
    Don't be ashamed to cry today, I am right now. Hold those you love close to you and tell them you love them today, you may never get another chance. Smile when you see a coworker, maybe get them a cup of coffee, or give them a Hug or a Pat on the Back. Not politically correct ? Sexual harassment ? God never thought so ....
    I've come to love all of you here, and everytime a new Post comes in from you I smile and thank God for letting me share a part of your world .
    Please don't forget the ones we have lost , and cherish the ones we have with us now.
    Last edited by Bettin Man; 09-11-2019 at 05:38 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    A very emotional tribute, Bettin Man. But here it is 18 years later and we are still involved in a war against Muslim radicals. The Muslims who consider the Quran as their Bible will never lose that dedication they have to eradicate all Christians and Jews from the face of the earth. Their Quran clearly states that. when Muslims come across non-believers ( anyone who is of a faith other than Muslim, especially Christians ) they must convert them to the Muslim faith or kill them. As Christians we believe in " Live & let live" and it is hard for us to imagine members of a religion who are so dedicated to the eradication of all other religions. But the radical Muslims belong to this group. So when we say " We will never forget" we must include the origin & nature of radical Muslims as well as the 9/11/01 attack itself.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I was on the same stretch of highway I drive almost everyday to work and listening to Howard Stern in the morning. Emotions were off the chart and the level of anger and sadness I had inside was crazy. As to the post before me, it's a shame we cannot fight a war like in the past, fast and efficiently. Afghanistan is little changed in the last 18 yrs as we try and be a police force vs an overwhelming force that does what it needs to do and gets out. I fear little will change how things operate over there anyway. It is in their nature to even hate each other over religious differences.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I will certainly never forget, even though I was just in 3rd grade in 2001. I donít remember much of that part of my childhood, but I can vividly recall that day. For some strange reason I remember how absolutely beautiful the weather was that day. I remember going to school, and one by one watching kids get called down to the office to be picked up. Nobody told us what had happened at first. After I was picked up by my grandmother she told me what happened. At that age Iím not sure if I understood the impact of what had happened at that time, but I do remember, and always will. One of my classmates that year, who Iím still good friends with, never saw his mother again. She was working in the towers that day, like she did every day, and she never came home. His father was out of the picture, so he really had no one. Every year we spend the day together, just like we did that day in 2001. Such an emotional day for so many of us.

On a side note, if youíve never visited the memorial museum in NYC Iíd highly recommend it. We spent hours walking through, there was so much to see. And donít worry about bringing your own tissues, they have boxes of them throughout, and believe me, youíll use them often. Thank you Andy, for your beautiful post.

Sent from my iPhone using Slot Fanatics

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I remember that well. My husband and I were watching tv when the news broke in and showed the towers on fire. It really upset my husband. If the army would have let him back in he would have rejoined so as he said to "kick some a$$" . He stayed glued to the tv all day. It was hard for him to sleep thinking about what happened and how senseless it all was.
    I saw the movie tonight about Flight 93. If I could have jumped in the movie I would have kicked the crap out of all of the terrorist.
    I hope no one forgets what happened and I pray that it never happens again to anyone.
    God bless America.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    All I could think about on the 10th was the 3000+ who never saw their family again......who tucked their children in for the last time....and the heroes who rushed into the chaos to help. I donít personally know any of the victims. But, I know my son joined the military because of that day.
    God bless our country, the families of 9/11, and all of you.

Sent from my iPad using Slot Fanatics mobile app

Central Minnesota..... 30 miles north of minneapolis
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I honestly have no words....

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    We have a friend who was the Fire Chief in Oklahoma City. Right after 911 he went to ground zero to see if he could find any survivors of 911. We were so proud of him. He died a few years ago and we are pretty sure it was from being exposed to the air from ground zero. I know a lot of the responders are having a lot of health problems now. The air was very toxic. If my husband had been in better health he would have gone to help also.
    We will never forget.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmg5890 View Post
    I will certainly never forget, even though I was just in 3rd grade in 2001. I don’t remember much of that part of my childhood, but I can vividly recall that day. For some strange reason I remember how absolutely beautiful the weather was that day. I remember going to school, and one by one watching kids get called down to the office to be picked up. Nobody told us what had happened at first. After I was picked up by my grandmother she told me what happened. At that age I’m not sure if I understood the impact of what had happened at that time, but I do remember, and always will. One of my classmates that year, who I’m still good friends with, never saw his mother again. She was working in the towers that day, like she did every day, and she never came home. His father was out of the picture, so he really had no one. Every year we spend the day together, just like we did that day in 2001. Such an emotional day for so many of us.

On a side note, if you’ve never visited the memorial museum in NYC I’d highly recommend it. We spent hours walking through, there was so much to see. And don’t worry about bringing your own tissues, they have boxes of them throughout, and believe me, you’ll use them often. Thank you Andy, for your beautiful post.

Sent from my iPhone using Slot Fanatics

Hi Justin,

Thank you for sharing your story with us, you are a special friend and I admire and respect you . That's a special kind of Hand Pay that you can't put a price tag on ever and I'm sure your friend knows that..
    Stay safe, my friend, the world needs more like you leading us forward.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Although not in NY, I still remember everyplace I was that day. I was watching the news while getting dressed. Went to eat breakfast and saw the second plane hit. Went to eye doctor, and of course it was on tv. Saw tower fall. Went to work. Not much got done that day as we went to CNN.

Hard to believe those that just turned 18 were not yet born.

I'll always remember

Sent from my SM-G960U using Slot Fanatics mobile app