Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    445
    Likes (Given)
    1902
    Likes (Received)
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by steph View Post
    You said... " And for the love of God, make the bonus come up more than every 5000 spins...." I am of the opinion that slot machines are no longer RNG... they are computers that can be totally programmed with everything from how often a bonus comes up, to payout percentages on EACH bet amount, to how often the progressive hits, and more. We no longer have even a hint of a true "random" win. It has all been programmed, and can be changed with the click of a mouse in the server room to where the machines are connected. Server based machines should be against the law....
    I agree completely! There is no doubt in my mind that all you said is correct.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    765
    Likes (Given)
    336
    Likes (Received)
    634
    Quote Originally Posted by feelinlucky? View Post
    I agree completely! There is no doubt in my mind that all you said is correct.
    I agree with this too. The counter argument I hear to that is always a blanket statement that doing so would be illegal. But my understanding is that slots are regulated on the state level and I doubt many people know the laws of all 50 states.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    445
    Likes (Given)
    1902
    Likes (Received)
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by newenglander82 View Post
    I agree with this too. The counter argument I hear to that is always a blanket statement that doing so would be illegal. But my understanding is that slots are regulated on the state level and I doubt many people know the laws of all 50 states.
    A few years ago I had numerous questions on our State's (Indiana) handling of the enforcement of the gambling regs as well as about the laws themselves. On contacting them they at first tried to answer my questions but we soon became mired in perplexity and they seemed about as clueless as I was in a lot of matters relating to the regs. They referred me to my local public library whom they assured me would have a copy of the IGC regs. The library had no such copy and in the end referred me to the publisher who offered to sell me a copy for well over a hundred bucks .

  4. #24
    Senior Member SlotM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,643
    Likes (Given)
    101
    Likes (Received)
    631
    Quote Originally Posted by feelinlucky? View Post
    A few years ago I had numerous questions on our State's (Indiana) handling of the enforcement of the gambling regs as well as about the laws themselves. On contacting them they at first tried to answer my questions but we soon became mired in perplexity and they seemed about as clueless as I was in a lot of matters relating to the regs. They referred me to my local public library whom they assured me would have a copy of the IGC regs. The library had no such copy and in the end referred me to the publisher who offered to sell me a copy for well over a hundred bucks .
    Yup, sounds like you certainly got the run around. In Canada all the regulations are available online off the queens printer. Everything is pretty much covered in regards to the rules and regulations. It's quite an interesting read. What's grey is the actual numbers (they keep those a secret). But I can request them through the freedom of information act.

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Slot Fanatics mobile app

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,142
    Likes (Given)
    1706
    Likes (Received)
    798
    Quote Originally Posted by newenglander82 View Post
    I agree with this too. The counter argument I hear to that is always a blanket statement that doing so would be illegal. But my understanding is that slots are regulated on the state level and I doubt many people know the laws of all 50 states.
    Ive found that most dont even know the rules in their own state let alone others, that has become more evident with Oklahomas compact coming up for renewal.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Central Minnesota..... 30 miles north of minneapolis
    Posts
    1,167
    Likes (Given)
    300
    Likes (Received)
    1186
    Quote Originally Posted by newenglander82 View Post
    I agree with this too. The counter argument I hear to that is always a blanket statement that doing so would be illegal. But my understanding is that slots are regulated on the state level and I doubt many people know the laws of all 50 states.
    Our casinos are not even regulated by the state... the Indian Reservations run them, and they have their "own" overseers. As people who frequent these casinos, we cannot even know what their profits are, or who oversees them to insure there is no cheating ( which there definitely is because former employees tell me so).

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    164
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    111
    My local which is Rocky Gap in Maryland has posted a payback of less than 90 percent which is what was state mandated according to everyone I have talked to and every thing I have read. I mentioned this to a dealer at a PA casino to which her immediate response was they just pay the fine for not making the 90% payback mandated by law. I was shocked to hear her say that as I have heard the same thing from so many people who live close to Rocky Gap. I never expected to hear that reason from a place that far away. I guess those in the industry know the loop holes. The sad part is different groups keep taking this casino over and the locals claim that the fine is far less than actually paying out the 90% until you get caught enough times. Seems like the companies run it for a while pay the fine and then when they actually have to pay out or face serious repercussions for not paying 90% they sell it!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •