Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Kendall Park, N.J.
    Posts
    16
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    15

    Casino during chemotherapy??

    I haven't been to a casino in over 2 months since I have been having cancer treatment. I have had 3 five day treatments in the hospital. I am supposed to have 3 more. I wish it wouldn't be necessary. I am in between treatments right now.

    I got out of the hospital almost a week ago. Yesterday at my appointment, my counts came out good from my bloodwork. I have been so paranoid about germs and crowds etc. Meanwhile, life isn't much fun. I came close to going to the casino with my friend today, but I got cold feet. I was going to maybe use gloves and a mask. He didn't end up going when I said I wasn't going to go. He went recently though.

    Has anyone gone to the casino during chemotherapy? I just want to have some fun again!! I read somewhere else that some people do.


    Sent from my SM-G960U using Slot Fanatics mobile app

  2. #2
    Senior Member flyguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,461
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    793
    Don't know anyone in your situation but if it was me I would go. The mask is a good idea and I would take and use wipes frequently. Enjoy life as much as possible.
    I bet you I can stop gambling!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Rich99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    7,402
    Likes (Given)
    9426
    Likes (Received)
    4243
    Hi slot lover, First and foremost i'm glad the results from your blood work were Good! I'm not anything close to being a doctor but I do know this, chemo greatly reduces your immune system. I also know that any casino is germ city. When playing slots you're rubbing shoulders with peeps on each side of you.
    My advice is to wait, lets get some more good reports and build up your immune system...
    I Wish You the Very Best!!
    ​Happy Easter!
    Here with You! since 9/29/09

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Kendall Park, N.J.
    Posts
    16
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
    Don't know anyone in your situation but if it was me I would go. The mask is a good idea and I would take and use wipes frequently. Enjoy life as much as possible.
    Thanks for replying. I should add for people who might not know, that the immune system is compromised during chemotherapy and for awhile after. They give me a shot 2 days after treatment each time that helps boost it though.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Slot Fanatics mobile app

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Kendall Park, N.J.
    Posts
    16
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich99 View Post
    Hi slot lover, First and foremost i'm glad the results from your blood work were Good! I'm not anything close to being a doctor but I do know this, chemo greatly reduces your immune system. I also know that any casino is germ city. When playing slots you're rubbing shoulders with peeps on each side of you.
    My advice is to wait, lets get some more good reports and build up your immune system...
    I Wish You the Very Best!!
    ​Happy Easter!
    Thanks.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Slot Fanatics mobile app

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Central Minnesota..... 30 miles north of minneapolis
    Posts
    1,132
    Likes (Given)
    298
    Likes (Received)
    1151
    Slot Lover.... Wear a mask, bring hand sanitizer, and use gloves. Wipe down the buttons on each machine before playing. Remember.... your emotional health is just as powerful to assist with healing as your physical one... so take care to enjoy yourself... find where you are happy, and plant yourself there. Do NOT fear... take the necessary precautions, and I hope you win 10 handpays. You will be just fine.... believe that you will be. I can't wait for your total healing to blossom. Be healed.

  7. #7
    Senior Member cathyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Northeast Pa.
    Posts
    262
    Likes (Given)
    93
    Likes (Received)
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by slot lover 1145 View Post
    I haven't been to a casino in over 2 months since I have been having cancer treatment. I have had 3 five day treatments in the hospital. I am supposed to have 3 more. I wish it wouldn't be necessary. I am in between treatments right now.

    I got out of the hospital almost a week ago. Yesterday at my appointment, my counts came out good from my bloodwork. I have been so paranoid about germs and crowds etc. Meanwhile, life isn't much fun. I came close to going to the casino with my friend today, but I got cold feet. I was going to maybe use gloves and a mask. He didn't end up going when I said I wasn't going to go. He went recently though.

    Has anyone gone to the casino during chemotherapy? I just want to have some fun again!! I read somewhere else that some people do.


    Sent from my SM-G960U using Slot Fanatics mobile app
    Maybe going at off times when the casino isnít too crowded and wear a mask and gloves. Lots of hand sanitizer too. Good luck...



    Sent from my iPhone using Slot Fanatics mobile app

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    31
    Likes (Given)
    5
    Likes (Received)
    16
    One more thing I wanted to add, maybe go super late when way less people are there.(sorry just seen that was already said) I was going to lie, but I can't I would go for sure. It could be risky but for me gaming is one of the things that make me happy! I would ask the Doctor tell them the plan to protect yourself.. If doctor is like "noway" well then I would not go...

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    324
    Likes (Given)
    224
    Likes (Received)
    301
    All good ideas and thoughts from posters, however I would suggest you speak with your Doctor first for an opinion.

  10. #10
    Senior Member thelma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somerset County, NJ
    Posts
    6,049
    Likes (Given)
    4007
    Likes (Received)
    3144
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTex View Post
    All good ideas and thoughts from posters, however I would suggest you speak with your Doctor first for an opinion.
    Yep. Ask your doctor and take that advice. God bless, feel well soon.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •