Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A blizzard in April ?

Sending a prayer out for all our Fanatic brothers and sisters being visited by this horrific blizzard affecting a big part of the Midwest and Central States right now.

Steph, thought of you last night watching the Weather Channel and seeing how bad Minnesota is getting smacked , and hoping you and yours are okay..

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The "climate change" advocates are going bonkers with this type weather in April!!

Central Minnesota..... 30 miles north of minneapolis
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Bettin' Man!! Thank you for thinking of me!! We are just fine!! Snow started about 2 on Wed. afternoon. I was at work ( I drive 27 miles each way) Drove home in some slight snow. the next morning, my hubby had a Dr. appt in the Twin Cities ( about 55 miles away). I got into my Infiniti Q50 with AWD, put her into "snow mode" and away we went at 7:15 AM. The drive into the city was nothing less than torturous. Folks on their cell phones, driving fast on icy roads, swerving in and out of cars, going into the ditches.... such silly people. The roads were glazed ice, the wind was whipping up to 60 MPH creating a snow blizzard of no visibility. I made it all 55 miles unscathed. Then... repeat scenario getting back home. I had just enough time to grab a quick bite to eat, and then back into my car for the 27 mile drive on rural roads that were not plowed to work. 5.5 hours later, back again at it to get home.... a quick 8 hours later, back into my car for the great skate into work again. 5.5 hours later.... voila.... wet but completely free of snow roads. WHAT?? I drove to work in the slop, ice, and snow ... how fickle this weather is. I can honestly say that I, for one, am really ready for some sunshine, green grass, and a few robins hopping around the yard among the dandelions. Once again... thank you for your thoughts and maybe even a few prayers.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Steph,
    So glad you made it home in one piece.
    Our weather a few days ago was in the 80's and yesterday it barely made it past 40. Tomorrow is supposed to be back in the 70's. I am like you I am so ready for warmer weather. In our part of the country this is the nature of the beast. My husbands Birthday is March 5th and it seems like we always get some of the worst snows around his Birthday. This year was pretty mild but the so called experts said we were going to get hammered with snow this year. I think the most snow we got this year was less than an inch. So much for the so called experts getting anything right. Hope your weather turns around and you get to see green grass and some cute Robins.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar4600 View Post
    The "climate change" advocates are going bonkers with this type weather in April!!
    New Jersey: April 10th 1982. 8" of snow. I remember it well because it was the due date of our first child (the infamous Weezie). She was born 6 days later and when we left the hospital, it was sunny and 75.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thelma, funny you should mention April 1982. On April 6 1982, the Bronx got clobbered with 10 inches of snow. I remember it well, because my Dad and I used to attend every opening day at Yankee stadium and that year they had to cancel the game.
    Last edited by AMorris; 04-15-2019 at 02:58 PM.

Central Minnesota..... 30 miles north of minneapolis
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuda View Post
    Steph,
    So glad you made it home in one piece.
    Our weather a few days ago was in the 80's and yesterday it barely made it past 40. Tomorrow is supposed to be back in the 70's. I am like you I am so ready for warmer weather. In our part of the country this is the nature of the beast. My husbands Birthday is March 5th and it seems like we always get some of the worst snows around his Birthday. This year was pretty mild but the so called experts said we were going to get hammered with snow this year. I think the most snow we got this year was less than an inch. So much for the so called experts getting anything right. Hope your weather turns around and you get to see green grass and some cute Robins.
    Thanks Kuda!!! Snow has almost melted away, and it was in the 50's today. If I had my way.... I would live at the equator.... warm and 85 degrees year round!! ( Or so I hear... )