Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Member MattMaher35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    79
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    85
    Great Blog. I just got back from Vegas myself, and while I'm sure it's been discussed at length in other threads, the M Life 1 point for every $10 coin in on any game with a progressive(not just WAPs) is the most outrageous thing I've ever seen a casino do with it's players club. Almost every new game has some sort of progressive on it, there's no avoiding it. I stayed at the Mirage 4 days, and while I accumulated over 7.5K points while I was there, it should have been closer to 20K if not for this ridiculous policy meant only to screw players. That said, while I don't get as many points because of this policy, do you think they still consider my coin in for future offers, or just the overall points accumulated?

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    2,710
    Likes (Given)
    109
    Likes (Received)
    664
    Great trip report. Maybe I should give Cosmo some action. I rarely go there.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Grid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    288
    Likes (Given)
    201
    Likes (Received)
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulslotman View Post
    Hi Grid,
    What a fantastic report loved it a great read so pleased u done well in the end u just keep on rockin


    Sent from my iPhone using Slot Fanatics mobile app
    For me, a hot streak are those when I don't lose ALL of my money LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by cococrisp View Post
    Good Read. Thanks!
    Thank you for taking the time to read it!

    Quote Originally Posted by thelma View Post
    You write the best TRs, Grid! And those girls of yours are still so beautiful! The baby is really growing up!
    Thanks!
    Thanks Thelma. They sure are!

  4. #14
    Senior Member Grid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    288
    Likes (Given)
    201
    Likes (Received)
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMaher35 View Post
    Great Blog. I just got back from Vegas myself, and while I'm sure it's been discussed at length in other threads, the M Life 1 point for every $10 coin in on any game with a progressive(not just WAPs) is the most outrageous thing I've ever seen a casino do with it's players club. Almost every new game has some sort of progressive on it, there's no avoiding it. I stayed at the Mirage 4 days, and while I accumulated over 7.5K points while I was there, it should have been closer to 20K if not for this ridiculous policy meant only to screw players. That said, while I don't get as many points because of this policy, do you think they still consider my coin in for future offers, or just the overall points accumulated?
    Thanks for reading the site! Your offers are based on your average coin-in. The points earned only count for advancement in the club. So even though you earned less points by playing those specialty games, you still drove through the same amount of coin on them as you would on a normal $3 = 1 point machine.

    So no worries there. But I agree, it is a sham. With that said, the Mlife club is still top notch for points points earned if you DO find yourself playing a non-specialty game. If you drive $30 of coin in through those games, you will earn 10 points. That gets you 10 cents in free play AND 10 cents in resort credit. So a 20 cent return on 30 bucks of action. That is by far the best bet in Vegas.

    If you did the same thing at a Total Rewards casino, with $5 of coin on a slot = 1 point, you would have either 6 pennies of resort credit OR 3 pennies in Free Play. And at some dining outlets it will cost 2 RC's per 1 penny. So again just 3 cents. You can see how that adds up. Even without Total Rewards doing the stupid specialty game thing. $10 of coin there is still only worth 2 cents at best or 1 cent at worst. Where Mlife will be 1 + 1. So it is actually the same or 50% better. Depends on how you convert them.

    So Mlife either has the better program, compared to Total Rewards, when playing those stupid specialty games. OR they have an incredibly better program when playing a "normal" slot.

    Quote Originally Posted by moto View Post
    Great trip report. Maybe I should give Cosmo some action. I rarely go there.
    I was surprised at how much I liked the place. I've only stayed there twice, and I cant see myself not keeping them in my rotation. I was always hesitent since I like to casino hop. Staying with MGM or CET allowed for me to do that, and get all my play grouped for offers or tier advancement. But these days, nearly all the MGM and CET casinos have the exact same games in them. So hopping just changes the room, but not the games.

    I actually found Cosmo's casinos to have the best assort of slots in town now.

  5. #15
    Senior Member sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,520
    Likes (Given)
    1591
    Likes (Received)
    1568
    YAY! Another fantastic TR from The Grid. I LOL-ed on your little one eating anything even a lady bug! I can tell You ARE an awesome husband, dad & an excellent TR writer. Keep up the great work!
    "Happiness is a choice" ~ Lt. Randy Disher (Monk, The TV Series)

  6. #16
    Senior Member Grid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    288
    Likes (Given)
    201
    Likes (Received)
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by sugar View Post
    YAY! Another fantastic TR from The Grid. I LOL-ed on your little one eating anything even a lady bug! I can tell You ARE an awesome husband, dad & an excellent TR writer. Keep up the great work!
    Thanks Sug! Kids do make life interesting. My 4 year old turned to her 2 year old sister at the dinner table the other day. Farted in her hand and slapped her lil sis on the forehead before shouting out "That's what you get Farthead!"

    They grow up so fast...

  7. #17
    Senior Member traci_money's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Benbrook, TX
    Posts
    513
    Likes (Given)
    538
    Likes (Received)
    424
    Great report as always ... such a knack for writing ... your girls are getting so big so fast . Some people think you have to spend great amounts of money and time to entertain small children - you seem to know the smart way. Let them do what they do. I took my 2 yo and 4yo grandsons to the stock show for $10. They watched a pig nurse for 20 minutes, another 30 or so comparing chickens and so on all afternoon - I got a ton of work done on my tablet. Another after and $5 ticked for the train between Dallas and Fort Worth back and forth like 5 times - again super entertained and work done!
    My kids say I have a gambling problem ... nope I have no problem with it at all!

  8. #18
    Senior Member sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,520
    Likes (Given)
    1591
    Likes (Received)
    1568
    Quote Originally Posted by Grid View Post
    Thanks Sug! Kids do make life interesting. My 4 year old turned to her 2 year old sister at the dinner table the other day. Farted in her hand and slapped her lil sis on the forehead before shouting out "That's what you get Farthead!"

    They grow up so fast...
    Lol. Kids say the darnest thing!
    "Happiness is a choice" ~ Lt. Randy Disher (Monk, The TV Series)

  9. #19
    Senior Member Grid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    288
    Likes (Given)
    201
    Likes (Received)
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by traci_money View Post
    Great report as always ... such a knack for writing ... your girls are getting so big so fast . Some people think you have to spend great amounts of money and time to entertain small children - you seem to know the smart way. Let them do what they do. I took my 2 yo and 4yo grandsons to the stock show for $10. They watched a pig nurse for 20 minutes, another 30 or so comparing chickens and so on all afternoon - I got a ton of work done on my tablet. Another after and $5 ticked for the train between Dallas and Fort Worth back and forth like 5 times - again super entertained and work done!
    Exactly! You dont need a $5K Disneyworld vacation to make a couple of little girls happy!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •