Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Why, oh why, do I listen to that bastard on my shoulder?

Well, I had the afternoon off and decided that I would go play some VLT machines (the ones in Oregon; not a great selection, but options are limited and you take what you can get. I had all these good vibes going and listening to that devil on my shoulder, and since I hadn't played in a few months, I thought to myself "lets go win some money". Yeah, that didn't quite work out as I had hoped. I took $500 with me and played various games at $1 to $2 per spin chasing the bonus - I know, stupid. My biggest line hit was $12. I was broke in a little over an hour. I was really pissed at myself and the tight ass games. In addition to my piss poor attitude coming out of the tavern, I had brought my dog with me. She loves car rides and ever since we have had her she has NEVER, and I mean, never gotten sick in the car . . . get where this is going? Yup, I open the door and she had barfed all over the back deck of my SUV. Ugh!! Head hanging and drooling, she gets out, finishes upchucking, drinks some water, upchucks that, and after about 10 minutes of walking around she is right back to her old self. Now here I am in the parking lot with a roll of paper towels, hurking myself, trying not to heave, cleaning up my car for the 40 minute drive home (with all the windows open). Antiseptic room spray with a hint of dog vomit - I think I had my head hanging out the window more than my dog!!! Talk about adding insult to (financial) injury !!! We made it home - after the car wash - and she is bouncing all over waiting for our playtime. I love that dog - no judgment when I bitch about the lousy play and machines and happy to see me in whatever mood I happen to be in. I guess that's a win.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Even when our dogs do crap like that, we still love them to pieces.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by willslotforcash View Post
    Even when our dogs do crap like that, we still love them to pieces.
    yeah, she is a yellow English lab and we've had her for a little over a year; got her from the shelter. She was picked up as a stray and had just gotten over having a litter - she was in rough shape when the shelter spayed her. We saw those big brown eyes and the start of a silver muzzle and were hooked. Our vet said she was used as a breeder and was @ 5-7 yrs old, someone used her up and threw her away - POS!! After a thorough vet exam (wish I had pet insurance)!! we found out she was epileptic (seizure in the vet's waiting room - scared the crap out of us) and had some major food allergies - she would scratch so hard, she had skin ulcers, and her paws needed care - extreme mani/pedi. Meds and grain-free dog food took care of those issues. I never understood people who get animals and the first thing that needs to be taken care of, they just dump them like yesterday's newspaper. We don't know her past and she does things sometimes that totally leave us baffled - she wouldn't go near DH (that didn't take too much brain power to figure that one out), but after a few weeks of us uber-spoiling her, she now is his buddy and sleeps at the food of our bed (on his side). She will even share the bed with the cat, if the cat get's there first.

I couldn't figure out why she was barfing and when we got to the car wash to clean up the inside of my car, I found some rogue French fries my grandkids had left under the seat - mystery solved; she has a potato allergy and those fries had had a chance to "ferment" for a couple weeks. I guess I need to be a bit more vigilant on take out food in the car, cuz that little episode just sucked!!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I take my dogs to the glue factory when they do that.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Slot Fanatics mobile app

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieC View Post
    I take my dogs to the glue factory when they do that.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Slot Fanatics mobile app
    Ha Ha !! You will be the one on the news that dies alone and they finally find your remains had been munched on by your dog.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slotjunkie View Post
    Well, I had the afternoon off and decided that I would go play some VLT machines (the ones in Oregon; not a great selection, but options are limited and you take what you can get. I had all these good vibes going and listening to that devil on my shoulder, and since I hadn't played in a few months, I thought to myself "lets go win some money". Yeah, that didn't quite work out as I had hoped. I took $500 with me and played various games at $1 to $2 per spin chasing the bonus - I know, stupid. My biggest line hit was $12. I was broke in a little over an hour. I was really pissed at myself and the tight ass games. In addition to my piss poor attitude coming out of the tavern, I had brought my dog with me. She loves car rides and ever since we have had her she has NEVER, and I mean, never gotten sick in the car . . . get where this is going? Yup, I open the door and she had barfed all over the back deck of my SUV. Ugh!! Head hanging and drooling, she gets out, finishes upchucking, drinks some water, upchucks that, and after about 10 minutes of walking around she is right back to her old self. Now here I am in the parking lot with a roll of paper towels, hurking myself, trying not to heave, cleaning up my car for the 40 minute drive home (with all the windows open). Antiseptic room spray with a hint of dog vomit - I think I had my head hanging out the window more than my dog!!! Talk about adding insult to (financial) injury !!! We made it home - after the car wash - and she is bouncing all over waiting for our playtime. I love that dog - no judgment when I bitch about the lousy play and machines and happy to see me in whatever mood I happen to be in. I guess that's a win.
    i feel you man, i got crushed all of january im $4000 in the hole (great start to the new year, eh , but whatever , my day will come ! ) at the end of the day/night my cats still love me !

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I love dogs & cats but I’m allergic to them - boo! :(
    "Happiness is a choice" ~ Lt. Randy Disher (Monk, The TV Series)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dogs love unconditionally. I think it was Will Rodgers who said. "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
    I bet you I can stop gambling!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by sugar View Post
    I love dogs & cats but I’m allergic to them - boo! :(
    that sucks !! We lost our cat Xena and decided to be pet free for a while; that lasted about 2 months and we went to the shelter to just look - yeah, we left with a cat. She was hiding under her blanket in the kennel and would yowl pitifully unless you covered her up. She spent the first 2 months under the covers in the guest room and would only come out at night when everyone was asleep. It took her a while to bond with us, now she is a lap lump. I too am allergic to cats (and a multitude of other stuff), but years ago I went through the skin puncture tests and shots twice a week (thank God for excellent insurance) - the treatments took almost a year to complete, but now I just have to do pill maintenance.