Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Best Buy Playing Games!

So my dishwasher stopped working a couple of days ago and now my wife is washing dishes the old fashioned way.
    The problem is the electronic control panel is all screwed up which is surprising because the dishwasher (Samsung) is only 7 yrs old.
    So I call my local appliance repair man and he tells me it will cost $300 to $400 to replace the panel. In my mind I'm thinking 3 to $400 means $400. I told him I'll talk it over with my wife and get back to him and explained at that price I may be better off buying a new one...
    So I get on my desktop and go to Best Buy .com. I look at all the makes & models and customer reviews.
    I narrow my choices to two, a $550 Whirlpool and a $750 KitchenAid. The reviews for both were excellent!
    My wife and I decided the less expensive Whirlpool was more than good enough and there was no need to spend $200 more.
    So I print out the Whirlpool and off to Best Buy I go... Before I get there we decided to buy the 5yr Geek Squad Ext Warr.
    So I'm talking with the salesman who was very nice and he explains to me delivery is free but installation is $250 because they send out a licensed plumber. I said wait a minute I just purchased a dishwasher from this store for my sister just a few months ago and delivery & install was free! He explained it must have been a promotion at that time.
    He said allow me to make a suggestion, if you switch your purchase from Whirlpool to KitchenAid starting tomorrow installation is free! On KitchenAid only. I said Great the $200 more expensive KitchenAid was my 2nd choice and I'm saving $250 on the install!
    I said let's do this! He said I can't, the promo starts tomorrow. I said just date the paper work for tomorrow, I'm here now ready willing & able! lol. He said I can't, the computer will date it today. I said alright, see you tomorrow.
    So this morning I turn on the computer to see if it now says free installation, and I yelled out These Dirty Bastards with their unethical pricing! They should be ashamed of themselves!!
    Yesterday: $749.99 save $60 was $809.99. 5yr geek squad $124.99. $250 install.
    Today: $794.99 save $60 was $854.99. 5yr geek $139.99. Free install.

I mean it is obviously disappointing with the price games they play but what really bothers me is the "save $60 was $809.99 vs save $60 was $854.99". So which one is it? and how can they both be $60?!
    In my opinion this is borderline fraudulent!
    So within an hour I will be in Best Buy with print outs of yesterday & today and I will be equipped with sword & shield and I will give them at least 98 pieces of my mind!! I'll fix em! !
    Any thoughts/opinions???
    Here with You! since 9/29/09

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Alright, my rant was for Nothing Everything worked out Great!!
    I got the free install and Yesterday's pricing!!
    Oh i just love shopping @ Worst Buy!! .. !!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    My thoughts are: what a rip off... and I would install it myself. It's simple - especially since the 'old' one is only 7 yrs old.

Our Whirlpool is 26 yrs old... the old "Made in USA" era. Last summer, the pump motor went and we replaced it (the motor) with one from eBay for abt 50 bucks. Only thing we've ever done to it. It's humming along still.
    Outrageous what they charge for dishwashers... there's nothing to them that's worth a grand. What a mark up!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I know I'm a weirdo, but I've always washed dishes the old fashioned way. When we bought this house about 7 years ago there wasn't a dishwasher (old old house), and we never installed one. When we've had one in the past I've always hand washed anyway. Saves water and electricity. And bending over to unload the washer makes my back sore. I also hang clothes on the clothes line to dry May through October.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelma View Post
    My thoughts are: what a rip off... and I would install it myself. It's simple - especially since the 'old' one is only 7 yrs old.

Our Whirlpool is 26 yrs old... the old "Made in USA" era. Last summer, the pump motor went and we replaced it (the motor) with one from eBay for abt 50 bucks. Only thing we've ever done to it. It's humming along still.
    Outrageous what they charge for dishwashers... there's nothing to them that's worth a grand. What a mark up!
    thelma, those were the good ole days I don't think Anything is going to last 26yrs anymore...
    Infact i've read reports that major applianceses are now made to last no longer than 8 years!!
    Well my dishwasher lasted 7 so i guess i almost made it lol!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimus View Post
    I know I'm a weirdo, but I've always washed dishes the old fashioned way. When we bought this house about 7 years ago there wasn't a dishwasher (old old house), and we never installed one. When we've had one in the past I've always hand washed anyway. Saves water and electricity. And bending over to unload the washer makes my back sore. I also hang clothes on the clothes line to dry May through October.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    You my Lady are not a weirdo, what you are is my kind of Gal! !

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich99 View Post
    thelma, those were the good ole days I don't think Anything is going to last 26yrs anymore...
    Infact i've read reports that major applianceses are now made to last no longer than 8 years!!
    Well my dishwasher lasted 7 so i guess i almost made it lol!
    I'm glad it worked out today for you! I believe that 8 years is too long! Based on my experience with these newer appliances with the China parts v. the Made In USA. Must say though, I would have thought a Samsung would have been quality.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelma View Post
    I'm glad it worked out today for you! I believe that 8 years is too long! Based on my experience with these newer appliances with the China parts v. the Made In USA. Must say though, I would have thought a Samsung would have been quality.
    Well, I have a Samsung 40" tv in my bedroom and I love it! Great pic & sound but... I've had it less than a year so we'll see LOL!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Best Buy Playing Games!

About a year ago , our dishwasher quit working, So off we go to look for a new one at the local Sears store. The sales lady told the boyfriend that if he a good woman at home, He wouldn’t need to buy a dishwasher, Guess who didn’t buy anything from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Slot Fanatics
    Last edited by twina1970; 01-14-2018 at 02:19 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by twina1970 View Post
    About a year ago , our dishwasher quit working, So off we go to look for a new one at the local Sears store. The sales lady told the boyfriend that if he a good woman at home, He wouldn’t need to buy a dishwasher, Guess who didn’t buy anything from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Slot Fanatics
    twina, am I understanding you? Are you saying your boyfriend did not buy you a dishwasher based on what the sales lady said?