Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'll Miss him.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'll Miss him.

I'm sorry you lost your friend, Sweet Man. You both hit jackpots that day.

Sent from my iPad using Slot Fanatics

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm so sorry you lost a good new friend. Good friends are part of a good life. I'm sure your friendship was appreciated by him.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Nice story and good for both of you that you were part of his remaining life.
    I bet you I can stop gambling!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Bettinman,
    I am sorry your friend passed away. But, I am so glad you were able to be his friend. I remember when you first wrote about him. Judging from your last few posts he was a happy man again. I am glad he will be with his wife again. It is funny how sometimes just the little things can bring so much joy to people. You are a good man. I wish I could meet you sometime and I wish you and my husband could have met. God bless you.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sorry for the loss of your friend. I love your story. Thanks for posting.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettin Man View Post
    Some of you may remember the thread I wrote earlier this year about the elderly gentleman
    who hit the Grand Jackpot on Lightning Links while sitting next to me.
    He was 79 years old and had lost his wife 6 weeks before that and his daughter had talked him in to getting out of the house for a change of scenery and take his mind off his loss.
    He hit the Grand Jackpot on his 3rd spin of $ .50 and thought he had broken the machine. He wanted me to be in the photo they took of him as a winner for the kindness I had shown him that morning. We became friends after that and shared a weekly Thursday ritual of a cup of coffee to start our morning of slot tinkering off with.
    It was a joy to see the transformation in him that winning the Grand Jackpot ( $ 10,900 ) made. He needed the assist of a walker and really struggled with it the day I met him and I helped him get seated and pushed the walker in behind him. He had asked me if he had broken the machine and when I looked over amazed I informed him that he had won the Grand Jackpot, and how his life was about to change, which it did.
    Every week thereafter I saw a new man appear, full of confidence and energy , a mischevious twinkle in his eye, and zipping around on that walker like he was water skiing. Never saw him without a smile on his face, chatting with everyone he met, and the kind of person that made you feel good about yourself.
    He passed away a few days ago, and when word got around a few of us went to the viewing out of respect and sorrow. . Family had put together a photo compilation of his life, and his family, and smack dab right in the middle of it was the photo of he and I celebrating his Win.
    I'm so glad he got his win, and had some time to enjoy it. I will miss him each Thursday and think of him often knowing that he is now reunited with his wife.
    Rest in Peace, my friend. Thank you for having entered my life, and making me a better person through your presence.

On Saturday I received a Christmas card from his daughter and enclosed was a copy of the photo with he and I sharing his winning moment.
    She thanked me for helping him look forward to his Thursday visits and " coffee " with his friend. He would talk to his wifes picture every morning on his night table, and she heard him mention my name often to her, and tell her what we were going to do that morning.
    I wasn't able to attend the funeral , but he's resting close by and I'll spend some time with him soon, and play the Lightning Link machine he won on for him.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    @Bettin Man

Thank-you so much for sharing this experience with us. It is a beautiful story which reminds us all to appreciate every day and to notice those around us and how much they improve our lives. I am so glad you "won" that time you spent with your special friend.
    Home is where the heart is but any spare change I find goes in the Vegas Fund!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettin Man View Post
    On Saturday I received a Christmas card from his daughter and enclosed was a copy of the photo with he and I sharing his winning moment.
    She thanked me for helping him look forward to his Thursday visits and " coffee " with his friend. He would talk to his wifes picture every morning on his night table, and she heard him mention my name often to her, and tell her what we were going to do that morning.
    I wasn't able to attend the funeral , but he's resting close by and I'll spend some time with him soon, and play the Lightning Link machine he won on for him.
    How thoughtful of her to recognize your impact on his life.

Sent from my iPad using Slot Fanatics mobile app

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What a wonderful story, thanks for posting Betting Man.