Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Veterans Day.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuda View Post
    Thank all of you that served.
    Today was the year anniversary of my husbands death. He died on Veterans Day his favorite day of the year. Sadly he did not get to celebrate the day. He was a Viet nam veteran. He was 100% disabled. He was in the 25th infantry. He got hit with mortars and bullets the day he re enlisted for another 6 months in Viet nam. He did that because the Army told him they would not take his twin brother if he resigned. Of course his twin brother was called up anyway. Luckily for his brother they put him on a hot missile site so the only thing he had to worry about was getting hit in the head with a surf board.
    I miss my husband and always will. If he was still here he would wish happy Veterans to all of you too.
    Thank You Kuda... Your husband is a Hero and an inspiration to All of us!...
    We all lose loved ones and we grieve until the day we are called to join them...
    May you find comfort... God Bless
    Here with You! since 9/29/09

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thank all of you that served.
    Today was the year anniversary of my husbands death. He died on Veterans Day his favorite day of the year. Sadly he did not get to celebrate the day. He was a Viet nam veteran. He was 100% disabled. He was in the 25th infantry. He got hit with mortars and bullets the day he re enlisted for another 6 months in Viet nam. He did that because the Army told him they would not take his twin brother if he resigned. Of course his twin brother was called up anyway. Luckily for his brother they put him on a hot missile site so the only thing he had to worry about was getting hit in the head with a surf board.
    I miss my husband and always will. If he was still here he would wish happy Veterans to all of you too.
    I was thinking of you yesterday was wondering how you were.

Sent from my iPhone using Slot Fanatics mobile app

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thank you everyone. I am taking it one day at a time. I never knew how hard it would be to lose my husband. I feel for anyone that has lost a loved one. Everyone tell your loved ones you love them everyday. God bless everyone.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
    My hat is off and a big salute to you and guys like you. My VN experience was toward the end of the war in F-4's flying cover for F-105's. Nice clean world compared to you guys on the ground.
    And we salute and thank you, flyguy,

Often outnumbered by the enemy during a skirmish and nothing would send my Pajama clad opponents running for their tunnels quicker than the sound of a couple F4's coming in fast and low with extreme prejudice towards them.

Always reassuring to know we had " An Angel over our Shoulder " when needed.

In my book the F4 Phantom was the baddest A$$ ever made. I'm going to dedicate 4 fingers of Johnny Walker Blue to you and your Amigos later on today for a job well done.
    Last edited by Bettin Man; 11-13-2017 at 07:27 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thank you everyone. I am taking it one day at a time. I never knew how hard it would be to lose my husband. I feel for anyone that has lost a loved one. Everyone tell your loved ones you love them everyday. God bless everyone.
    Kuda,

Thoughts and prayers were with you on Saturday and everyday.

Having lost my first wife after a courageous 24 year struggle with Multiple Sclerosis, I know the emotions and pain you are going through. The first year is the toughest as you relive each day, holiday, event, and memory alone.
    It will get easier, but we never fully recover, nor should we, for as long as we remember they will live on through us.
    My wife was born on Christmas Eve, and passed away on a New Years Day. Tough to celebrate those days but I do for all my loved ones , and for her memory.
    My new wife understands as she lost her first husband and a son and goes through the same emotions and memories.
    Big hug going out to you today and every day.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettin Man View Post
    And we salute and thank you, flyguy,

Often outnumbered by the enemy during a skirmish and nothing would send my Pajama clad opponents running for their tunnels quicker than the sound of a couple F4's coming in fast and low with extreme prejudice towards them.

Always reassuring to know we had " An Angel over our Shoulder " when needed.

In my book the F4 Phantom was the baddest A$$ ever made. I'm going to dedicate 4 fingers of Johnny Walker Blue to you and your Amigos later on today for a job well done.
    Thank you Sir. The times we were able to help the ground pounders were the times we felt we were really doing something worthwhile. Our unit mostly flew missions to protect bombers in the north but we could always peel off a couple of jets from a flight of four if something hot developed. Other units did almost all ground to air stuff. We didn't have the large bomb loads they did but could get people's attention with low strafing passes.

After the SEA activities finished we all took some TDY's to Nellis just outside Vegas to learn to mix it up the old fashioned way at Red Flag. The technology then wasn't good enough foe the beyond visual range tactics originally used in VN. Therefore our kill ratio was lower than expected and desired.
    Not so in today's world, but I still like seeing the jet I am fighting.
    I bet you I can stop gambling!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    My SF friends,
    Thank you for your service and bravery. My son is currently a major in the army. He's served two tours in Iraq, has two Purple Hearts, and two Bronze Stars. It's not a life I would have chosen for him. He's my little boy, and my heart stays in my throat when he's deployed.
    I also honor the wives who hold their families together while their husbands serve. It's a different kind of bravery and strength, but they are heroes to me as well.

Kuda, your husband must have been a special man to have been so loved.

Bettin Man, you continue to show your character.

I'm so happy to have "met" you all.

Sent from my iPad using Slot Fanatics

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    God bless you and your son L2. If not for guys like him our life in the states would not be as secure. Two Bronze Stars means very much to a military type.
    I bet you I can stop gambling!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
    God bless you and your son L2. If not for guys like him our life in the states would not be as secure. Two Bronze Stars means very much to a military type.
    Thank you! He won't tell me why he was awarded the Bronze Stars. I probably sleep better that way.
    We are a blessed nation.

Sent from my iPad using Slot Fanatics mobile app

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by L2smith View Post
    My SF friends,
    Thank you for your service and bravery. My son is currently a major in the army. He's served two tours in Iraq, has two Purple Hearts, and two Bronze Stars. It's not a life I would have chosen for him. He's my little boy, and my heart stays in my throat when he's deployed.
    I also honor the wives who hold their families together while their husbands serve. It's a different kind of bravery and strength, but they are heroes to me as well.

Kuda, your husband must have been a special man to have been so loved.

Bettin Man, you continue to show your character.

I'm so happy to have "met" you all.

Sent from my iPad using Slot Fanatics

L2,

Your MAJOR is a hell of a lot more important than the ones I chase every Thursday. God Bless that brave young man, and your wonderful family that supports him. Did he attend " THE POINT " or come in through ROTC ?
    My nephew graduated from West Point in 1990, right in time to be assigned to Desert Storm, in the first wave to roll in to Iraq. Also was there for Desert Shield, and Enduring Freedom. Has done tours in Somalia, Mogadishu, South Korea, and Afghanistan. Just got his " Birds " as a Colonel, and will be retiring in about 20 months.
    He married a Generals daughter about 3 years ago but has never asked for any favors on assignments, and none have been given.
    Thank you for giving credit to the wonderful ladies who stand behind every man and do so quietly without notice or complaints. Mothers, wives, sisters, girl friends, WE THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS, for always caring, always loving, always praying for us, you are the Heroes who never get a parade or much mention, and I won't forget that going forward.
    What's your sons first name ? If there are any more MAJORS in my future I want to dedicate them to that brave young man of yours.

Wishing you and all of your family a very safe and Happy Thanksgiving, and holiday season, you are a keeper, L2smith..