Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Senior Member PimpMasterT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    536
    Likes (Given)
    253
    Likes (Received)
    470

    Angry People at Woodbine in Toronto (Triggered)

    I wasn't having a great night at my local. I wasn't getting killed, but doing bad enough where any bonus/win was VERY appreciated. So, I sat down at Jungle Wild II (money burst) nickel denom, bet $1.50 (min) and got regular free spins about 4-5 spins in. As SOON as I trigger it, I hear faintly behind me someone CUSSING THEIR ****ING HEAD OFF.

    The woman next to me giggles and says "Don't let him see you".
    Me: "Who?".
    Woman: "The guy that was playing there before couldn't get a bonus."
    Me: "Well...I haven't won yet..."

    **I turn around to look at the guy and he's got this look on his face like I just "stole" a million dollar jackpot from him**

    Bonus wins $4......on a $1.50 bet.

    Okay, I didn't care about the not-winning part....but the fact that this person was basically CURSING me for something that didn't even happen yet...just ruined what was left of a good mood that night.

    These kinds of people make me sick....and Woodbine casino is FULL of them. Not to mention the people who sit around STARING at you while you play and get their free drinks without playing.

    I don't know why I bother going there. The only reason I guess is the few staff members that I befriended over the years, and a few games that I really enjoy that aren't around anywhere else. Other than that, it feels great staying away from there.

    I self-excluded this year and it was expired in early Oct so I decided to remove it for the holidays. I say that proudly because nothing feels better than not having to settle for less at a place we should be having fun spending our money. It's too convenient to go to this place where you are basically spit on in regards to comps/free play etc. Looking forward to them being under new management and maybe I'll have a local that I'm proud of.

    Anyone who visits Toronto and looking for a Casino to go to, drive the extra hour and just go to Fallsview, Casino Niagara, Casino Rama, Seneca Niagara, Seneca Buffalo Creek, even Seneca Allegany 3 hours away.
    Not worth the stress or money.

    I feel like I can write a 1000 page novel rambling about so many things wrong with this place. I hate that I finally let it get to me.

    Rant Over.

    **Big sigh of relief**
    ~~~~ ][D . ][ . ][\/][ . ][D ~~~~
    >>PimpMasterT's YouTube Page<<

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    371
    Likes (Given)
    191
    Likes (Received)
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by PimpMasterT View Post
    I wasn't having a great night at my local. I wasn't getting killed, but doing bad enough where any bonus/win was VERY appreciated. So, I sat down at Jungle Wild II (money burst) nickel denom, bet $1.50 (min) and got regular free spins about 4-5 spins in. As SOON as I trigger it, I hear faintly behind me someone CUSSING THEIR ****ING HEAD OFF.

    The woman next to me giggles and says "Don't let him see you".
    Me: "Who?".
    Woman: "The guy that was playing there before couldn't get a bonus."
    Me: "Well...I haven't won yet..."

    **I turn around to look at the guy and he's got this look on his face like I just "stole" a million dollar jackpot from him**

    Bonus wins $4......on a $1.50 bet.

    Okay, I didn't care about the not-winning part....but the fact that this person was basically CURSING me for something that didn't even happen yet...just ruined what was left of a good mood that night.

    These kinds of people make me sick....and Woodbine casino is FULL of them. Not to mention the people who sit around STARING at you while you play and get their free drinks without playing.

    I don't know why I bother going there. The only reason I guess is the few staff members that I befriended over the years, and a few games that I really enjoy that aren't around anywhere else. Other than that, it feels great staying away from there.

    I self-excluded this year and it was expired in early Oct so I decided to remove it for the holidays. I say that proudly because nothing feels better than not having to settle for less at a place we should be having fun spending our money. It's too convenient to go to this place where you are basically spit on in regards to comps/free play etc. Looking forward to them being under new management and maybe I'll have a local that I'm proud of.

    Anyone who visits Toronto and looking for a Casino to go to, drive the extra hour and just go to Fallsview, Casino Niagara, Casino Rama, Seneca Niagara, Seneca Buffalo Creek, even Seneca Allegany 3 hours away.
    Not worth the stress or money.

    I feel like I can write a 1000 page novel rambling about so many things wrong with this place. I hate that I finally let it get to me.

    Rant Over.

    **Big sigh of relief**
    Wow. I mean the way you describe that place,t's like the worst casino on earth,lol.

    So umm.....

    When will you be headed back???

  3. #3
    Senior Member PimpMasterT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    536
    Likes (Given)
    253
    Likes (Received)
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by Igetit View Post
    Wow. I mean the way you describe that place,t's like the worst casino on earth,lol.

    So umm.....

    When will you be headed back???
    I want to say never but that's not gonna happen LOL. Just have to stay away...
    ~~~~ ][D . ][ . ][\/][ . ][D ~~~~
    >>PimpMasterT's YouTube Page<<

  4. #4
    Senior Member Bonus Times's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Niagara Region
    Posts
    1,961
    Likes (Given)
    421
    Likes (Received)
    925
    I totally agree with your review of Woodbine. I dislike the place thoroughly. I used to go about once a month, but stopped. I was there once this year but that's only because we were driving past it on our way to somewhere else and I figured, "What the hell?" I should have kept going because my experience was worse than ever.

    Although most casinos have their share of slot hogs, Woodbine seems to have more than any. One time I made the mistake of complaining to staff to get someone thrown off one of their three machines, and felt like I was going to be murdered by the other patron. Every time I'm there I spend half my time looking for a machine to play. It's too crowded for my taste. Some people like crowds, I don't.

    My go to casinos for locals are Fallsview and Seneca, and both are minutes away.

  5. #5
    Senior Member cman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    728
    Likes (Given)
    1323
    Likes (Received)
    851
    Sounds like you need to pick a time when less jackasses are there. I try to go monday afternoons/nights to my local to avoid all the annoying people that I despise. Sometimes I will get someone behind me asking me stupid questions like can i have 50 cents i only need 50 cents more for a dollar and I'm like wtf are you gunna do with that dollar! Or people that will want to watch my bonus and try to touch my screen. I know what you mean and try to adjust your playtime if possible
    Be sure to check out my channel. Some fun wins:

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPLN3AwlW7j2jJpROQfk2Kg

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    684
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    390
    I love the GTO area, but I haven't visited in awhile. I usually visited all the gambling establishments (Woodbine, Fallsville, Casino Rama) when I'm there.

    Are there any plans to get a full-blown casino in Toronto?

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    It's in the works to turn Woodbine into a full out resort. They own enough property around there for it to be massive. What I don't like about Woodbine is there seems to be an awful lot of homeless people asking for money. That and too many people playing 2 machines at a time. But you find machine hogs at Mohawk and Flamorough too. Must be an OLG thing lol.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    163
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    127
    Or like me playing WW2 game betting $1.50 to $2.50 getting crushed, lost $200.00 only to walk away and within a minute an old man say down and hit the Ravens and ladies for $1,800 + betting $1.00. I wasn't going to curse at him I cursed at myself for months.

    Paman

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    71
    Likes (Given)
    10
    Likes (Received)
    81
    You do realize that just because you get up and someone else sits and hits doesn't mean you would have hit had you kept on playing the machine. You would have had to hit the button at the exact moment that person did, which is astronomically improbable. Also, machines are constantly creating random numbers, which makes it even more improbable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paman View Post
    Or like me playing WW2 game betting $1.50 to $2.50 getting crushed, lost $200.00 only to walk away and within a minute an old man say down and hit the Ravens and ladies for $1,800 + betting $1.00. I wasn't going to curse at him I cursed at myself for months.

    Paman

  10. #10
    Senior Member SlotM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,609
    Likes (Given)
    97
    Likes (Received)
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by cman420 View Post
    Sounds like you need to pick a time when less jackasses are there.
    No such time exists. Because Woodbine is the only Slot Floor within 75km of the GTA (Greator Toronto Area), its always busy. With 3000 machines squeezed into every single corner of space available (with the space for 2000 machines), no wonder Woodbine is Canadas most profitable Casino.

    The only other options for the Torontonians is taking the bus up North to Rama or down south to Niagara.

    Many many times Toronto Council has been given proposals to build a luxury casino downtown, but everytime it goes to the vote it fails. Caesars, MGM, Great Cdn Gaming and Hardrock all have tried and failed. The plans were absolutely amazing (imo). There is no doubt the GTA needs a few more casinos but until new blood is in the seats at city council, there will be no new GTA casino.

    That said, the OLG has approved an expansion plan to expand Woodbine into an actual casino (adding an additional 2000 more slots and adding live tables with real dealers). The expansion is underway and will be completed when its done.

    Not sure if this will change Woodbine, but i think changing the management is the right first step.

    A third casino (Boutique style) is due to be announced in Niagara later this year. Rumer has it will be located in the Hilton next to the new event centre.

    The expansion plans had both Rama and Niagara upset as they feel that this will take away from thier business (as these casino get 40%+ of thier players from the GTA).

    Also things are heating up across the border as the NY state is threatening Seneca with adding additional casinos to the area due to an agreement expiring. Seneca no longer has to pay the State a share of its slot revenue (due to a poorly written agreement when Seneca Niagara first opened). State is upset and is threating the Seneca Nation by offering additional Casino Licences to build more casinos in the area. No doubt Del-Lago will be jumping at this opportunity (as they are Senecas primary competition now). Del-Lago opened up last year in the finger lakes (just outside of Rochester). City of Buffalo (1.5 hrs from Toronto) only has one casino (2 more within a 20 min drive). Seneca Buffalo Creek in downtown Buffalo which has 1400 machines and was recently expanded.

    Sent from my LG-H831 using Slot Fanatics mobile app
    Last edited by SlotM; 02-03-2018 at 04:33 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •