Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    372
    Likes (Given)
    32
    Likes (Received)
    57

    Anyone played at Westgate in Vegas?

    My brother has four comped nights at Westgate and he offered to let me tag along. Has anybody got anything good or bad to say about the place. It seems to have great video poker.

  2. #2
    Senior Member kdk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    1,503
    Likes (Given)
    473
    Likes (Received)
    346
    I haven't been in a while, but I liked it. They had a lot better selection of older reels than most casinos, lots of old games that I liked. Slots seemed looser than a lot of other places too- I seem to win there more.

    Video Poker good too, although they could have changed it recently, hopefully not.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    372
    Likes (Given)
    32
    Likes (Received)
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by kdk View Post
    I haven't been in a while, but I liked it. They had a lot better selection of older reels than most casinos, lots of old games that I liked. Slots seemed looser than a lot of other places too- I seem to win there more.

    Video Poker good too, although they could have changed it recently, hopefully not.
    Thanks for the info.

  4. #4
    Senior Member BorgataLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jersey Girl, Baby!
    Posts
    1,760
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    303
    I just read a trip report today from someone staying there...maybe this will help your interest.

    https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/fo...e-ccdc.141451/

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    372
    Likes (Given)
    32
    Likes (Received)
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by BorgataLady View Post
    I just read a trip report today from someone staying there...maybe this will help your interest.

    https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/fo...e-ccdc.141451/
    Thanks very much.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Slotspert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    4,322
    I stayed there for two night in a two room corner suite comped with players lounge access. I had never played there before but was an ex-Las Vegas Hilton card holder so they got me from the old data base. The check-in line is awful and very long. Every check in seemed to have an issue or long process. The hotel is a shared facility with "time share" attendees and the crowd is a "time share" crowd (if you know what I mean). The casino floor is average with a fair variety of games. Nice sport book. I did OK there but have no desire to go back.
    Avatar photo is image of Slotspert on "Dancing in Rio" Slot Machine.
    You Tube Channel for Cruise Ship Casino Slot Floor Videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/slotspert99

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    372
    Likes (Given)
    32
    Likes (Received)
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Slotspert View Post
    I stayed there for two night in a two room corner suite comped with players lounge access. I had never played there before but was an ex-Las Vegas Hilton card holder so they got me from the old data base. The check-in line is awful and very long. Every check in seemed to have an issue or long process. The hotel is a shared facility with "time share" attendees and the crowd is a "time share" crowd (if you know what I mean). The casino floor is average with a fair variety of games. Nice sport book. I did OK there but have no desire to go back.
    They seem to have great video poker according to vpfree2.com. So I might put up with the lousy checkin and whatever a "time share crowd" is. lol

  8. #8
    Senior Member Slotspert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    4,322
    Quote Originally Posted by sq33756 View Post
    They seem to have great video poker according to vpfree2.com. So I might put up with the lousy checkin and whatever a "time share crowd" is. lol
    As of this week, there are 6 full-pay video poker machines right at the strip-side entrance to the Cromwell Casino at the corner of Flamingo and the Strip.

    Time Share Crowd= Being inundated at every hotel/casino entrance for free/discounted food shows if you attend a "presentation" at an off-site time-share facility. This involves a high-pitched sales effort at the most awful "investment" you can ever make for what I estimate a 90+% of those who later regret buying this overpriced/on-going charges you are committed to forever.
    Avatar photo is image of Slotspert on "Dancing in Rio" Slot Machine.
    You Tube Channel for Cruise Ship Casino Slot Floor Videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/slotspert99

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    372
    Likes (Given)
    32
    Likes (Received)
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Slotspert View Post
    As of this week, there are 6 full-pay video poker machines right at the strip-side entrance to the Cromwell Casino at the corner of Flamingo and the Strip.

    Time Share Crowd= Being inundated at every hotel/casino entrance for free/discounted food shows if you attend a "presentation" at an off-site time-share facility. This involves a high-pitched sales effort at the most awful "investment" you can ever make for what I estimate a 90+% of those who later regret buying this overpriced/on-going charges you are committed to forever.
    Thanks, I will try and avoid the timeshare people.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,856
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by sq33756 View Post
    Thanks, I will try and avoid the timeshare people.
    They cannot be avoided.. Just say you already have a time share.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •