Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Cruise Forum?

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    4,765
    Likes (Given)
    830
    Likes (Received)
    633
    It took us 7 hours to drive to Bayonne on the last cruise. We just lost the only airlines that flew to Florida here as lack of interest and it was only flying 2 days a week. That would have made flights easy for Florida cruises.

    We have never driven in New York...

  2. #22
    Senior Member Boopsahoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    183
    Likes (Given)
    10
    Likes (Received)
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceana11 View Post
    It took us 7 hours to drive to Bayonne on the last cruise. We just lost the only airlines that flew to Florida here as lack of interest and it was only flying 2 days a week. That would have made flights easy for Florida cruises.

    We have never driven in New York...
    Is there an amtrak or bus service that goes to ny? Just sayin....

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    302
    Likes (Given)
    5
    Likes (Received)
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Boopsahoy View Post
    Is there an amtrak or bus service that goes to ny? Just sayin....

    Everything comes to NYC........trains, boats, buses, planes......

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,165
    Likes (Given)
    117
    Likes (Received)
    243
    I agree that Carnival's card system is way too complicated for the casual player. I must have explained it to my sister a hundred times on our Glory cruise last summer. She was clueless but damned if she didn't get herself a handpay

    Oceana, I don't like driving in NY either, but the pier is right on the Hudson River just a couple of miles from the GWB on a pretty nice parkway. The problem is that parking is $245 for 7 nights, so there may be a much better way to do it from your area. Cruising out of Baltimore is a piece of cake, though, and if it's the Pride that sails out of there, she is a pretty nice ship! But you should give NCL a chance one of these times, and see how the Casino at Sea program works out for you.

    Boops, I saw one of your posts on the CAS thread over on CC. I go by dznymom over there, if you ever happen to stumble on one of my posts.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    4,765
    Likes (Given)
    830
    Likes (Received)
    633
    We live near the beach and no trains, buses or planes out of here. To get to New York we could drive 2 hours to Wilmington and catch an Amtrac train to NY.

    Chris,

    The Pride has balcony rooms in February for $499 a person for a week to Bahamas so that is a deal. Royal Caribbean is about $300 more a person from same port. Parking is expensive in NY compared to Baltimore. We can drive there in about less than 3 hours so it is the closest port. NCL would be nice to try at some point.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Emily888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,093
    Likes (Given)
    5380
    Likes (Received)
    4145
    I like the idea of a cruise section!! I need to start going back on cruises again, they are so much fun!!

  7. #27
    Senior Member Mjinlv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Virginia and Nevada
    Posts
    109
    Likes (Given)
    12
    Likes (Received)
    14
    I've been only once on a line called Windstar. It went from Rome to Nice with an overnight stop in Monte Carlo which was fantastic because for 24 hours we had 3 casinos on shore. Surprised you have to pay admission to one of them, something like $20. My dil was playing blackjack at the minimum bet of $25 and a very high roller came up behind her and copied her bet to the tune of about $500 a hand! She was so nervous with this guy winning or losing based on what she did. I asked a dealer in Vegas if they allow that and was told no. Anyway, the ship we were on, Windsurf had about 15 machines and 3-4 tables. They had to be out on the water to open, so any stops on shore it was closed. It operated like any other machine, you paid cash into and got a Tito out. As I said it was our first cruise but we would go back on Windstar over the bigger ones as I have been told the larger ships set up eating times and lines can be long. The staff was fantastic. This might be a really ambitious idea, but maybe a forum cruise?

  8. #28
    Senior Member Boopsahoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    183
    Likes (Given)
    10
    Likes (Received)
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by nhcris View Post
    I agree that Carnival's card system is way too complicated for the casual player. I must have explained it to my sister a hundred times on our Glory cruise last summer. She was clueless but damned if she didn't get herself a handpay

    Oceana, I don't like driving in NY either, but the pier is right on the Hudson River just a couple of miles from the GWB on a pretty nice parkway. The problem is that parking is $245 for 7 nights, so there may be a much better way to do it from your area. Cruising out of Baltimore is a piece of cake, though, and if it's the Pride that sails out of there, she is a pretty nice ship! But you should give NCL a chance one of these times, and see how the Casino at Sea program works out for you.

    Boops, I saw one of your posts on the CAS thread over on CC. I go by dznymom over there, if you ever happen to stumble on one of my posts.
    Chris since my cruise is "only" 29 days away i have been living on the cc board LOL

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •