Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

~~I got a Great Deal!~~~

I have had my Nikon D90, for about 7 years now. With accessories and extra lens, I paid over $2000 for it new. It's been a wonderful camera (still is!), but I have been wanting something new. I did not want to spend a bunch of money on a new one, and wanted a smaller size camera for my travels. I had been looking a few weeks at a Nikon 5300, then decided I would go with a Nikon D3300.

So I started doing price comparisons, and reading reviews. I was reading that buying refurbished will save money, and folks don't usually have problems with them. I have not bought anything refurbished before, so I was a little leery. Well I decided if I am going to go this route, I will buy straight from Nikon. So I go to their website, and I find a Nikon D3300 in black for $329.95 & free shipping (w tax $352.22). The next day I decide I am going to purchase it, and it is GONE. Dang, only red available now. I chat with a rep, and he tells me they update weekly to check back. Finally, late last Thursday they have a black D3300 available. Yay! So I check for online coupons on different coupon websites...come up with Nothing! I decide to purchase anyway. I wake up the next morning, and checked their website...and it says all refurbished products 10% off from 4/22 through 4/25. Of course, I got on the phone to see if they would honor it on my purchase. Yes! So she said once it ships, she will credit me back $32.96! So now the price is $319.26 w tax.

Well I received my camera today!

It looks like it is brand spanking new! I tried it out, and took 7 shots! Decided afterwards to check the shutter count and it reads only.....

That's Awesome! I got a great deal! Best Buy brand new with tax would have been $481.48.

Just for kicks, I decided to check the shutter count on my D90....WHOA!

Have you ever bought anything refurbished? What has been your experience with refurbished items? Did you ever have any problems?
    Last edited by Emily888; 04-27-2016 at 12:21 AM.
    Eyes Like a Shutter, Mind Like a Lens

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    WTG Emily!!! So Excited for You!!! !!
    Keep in mind that's not just your camera it's ours too because we are all gonna benefit from it !! LOL
    Nice Score!! Congrats!!
    Here with You! since 9/29/09

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Great deal for you, Em!
    I bought refurbished Sony products direct - back in the day, when Sony was quality. Never a problem.
    I also bought a car with a salvage title (it had been wrecked while it was being unloaded from the carrier at the dealership, and was repaired and then inspected in FL). Still have it 10 years later and never a problem.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich99 View Post
    Keep in mind that's not just your camera it's ours too because we are all gonna benefit from it !! LOL
    Nice Score!! Congrats!!
    HaHa!! That's sweet Rich! It's double the megapixels too!! Can't wait to do a TR for you all! You know I always appreciate yours and others feedback on my pics!

Quote Originally Posted by thelma View Post
    Great deal for you, Em!
    I bought refurbished Sony products direct - back in the day, when Sony was quality. Never a problem.
    I also bought a car with a salvage title (it had been wrecked while it was being unloaded from the carrier at the dealership, and was repaired and then inspected in FL). Still have it 10 years later and never a problem.
    Wow, that's awesome about the car Thelma! I use to buy lots of Sony products, in fact my camera before my D90.... was a Sony. That's great to hear their refurbished items were good quality too.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich99 View Post
    Nice Score!! Congrats!!
    OMG Rich, hysterically funny! We have all been parted from your company for too long!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Excellent! Can't wait to see all your cool pics! I bought a refurbished MacBook in Oct. It was a year old and I saved 600. I had my old refurbished MacBook for 10 yrs.
    My personal YouTube Channel Link: www.youtube.com/bonusqueendeb

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I bought a Nikon D3200, but still keep using my iPhone to take pics..... I should really start using it.....

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've had my D90 for about 7 years now. I need to use it more. I used to use it all the time, but not lately. I've been thinking about getting something new, but I really don't need to. I just like shopping for cameras.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb View Post
    Excellent! Can't wait to see all your cool pics! I bought a refurbished MacBook in Oct. It was a year old and I saved 600. I had my old refurbished MacBook for 10 yrs.
    Wow 10 years! Nice! $600 in savings is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by ken8631 View Post
    I bought a Nikon D3200, but still keep using my iPhone to take pics..... I should really start using it.....
    Yes you should!

Quote Originally Posted by Thimus View Post
    I've had my D90 for about 7 years now. I need to use it more. I used to use it all the time, but not lately. I've been thinking about getting something new, but I really don't need to. I just like shopping for cameras.
    It is a great camera! Yeah def use it more! There are so many options out there, I just had to keep my focus while shopping..lol!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thats awesome! My dad is a photographer and photography teacher! I always take his hand me downs. I currently have an ancient Nikon D200 and A Nikon D90 as well. Congrats on the new cam I might have to upgrade myself now!