Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Question on DBP inconsistent hands.

Hi there. Been doing lots of training in my iPad for double bonus poker. It's one of those that tells you when you do a wrong play and gives you options. I have two questions.
    1. So many times I see the right move is an A only when maybe there is a Q of non match face. Then a few hands later it says choose AQ when moments before said just do A. The difference in the two hands seems to be fractions. Example 44.52 vis 44.58. Is there a rule of thumb that is better to always go with just the A or hope a better hand with an AQ? It's just confusing why it tells you different answers for The same style of hand.
    2. Do you always go for the royal when you have say an AJ or AK but there may be a pair already. Seems like every time the trainer says go with the Pair and I ask myself over and over how will I ever get a royal if I'm always discarding the 2-4 card opportunities in favor of JOB or Pair to 3Oak or 4oak.

Finally. I seem to either carelessly make a mistake or choose something that is minute differences in a right choice about 1 in 20 hands. Do you think that amount of miss or minor miss will make a bid difference when playing with real money. Trying to decide if I go to $1 this time from .25 in my play. I say out of 100 hands the trainer will say I missed 5 hands and within that, about half are a minor delta between what I picked and what they recommend. In history, really have seen very few of the "right" choice give me a winning hand, so I just wonder sometimes. Thanks for any advice. Headed to LV tomorrow!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    4 Aces pays better than any other 4 of a kind so it wants you to go for the aces, unless you have an A with Jack or higher that is suited. Then you want to keep the A suited whatever as you can pair up with both cards, hit a flush, straight or fantasy royal...I am probably wrong, but I don't think holding the A suited whatever card is so much going for the royal as it is going for the pair, 2 pair, flush, straight, straight flush....and I just realized you are talking double bonus and not double double bonus so my whole reply may be false. Sorry about that, but in case you want to play DDB maybe this will help!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I would have thought that too, but it's inconsistent. Sometimes wants me to just play the A and other times wants the face card with it, even of a different suit. Sometimes, I just think the the percentage to win the different scenarios is just two decimal places different that I wonder if I should just pick a strategy and go with either always the A or always add the face card.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    the reason it changes is called penalty cards, these are cards that affect your odds of drawing to a made hand usually are referring to straight or flush made hands, im not exactly sure when its right to hold or not to hold the queen as im not an avid video poker player but if you review any site about penalty cards you will learn.

And sorry to res this old thread :P