Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Great story foamy. I didn't even know you play blackjack. I play it all the time in Vegas but never played it when I was with you in KC, because I didn't think you liked it.

Banned
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengreeke View Post
    Great story foamy. I didn't even know you play blackjack. I play it all the time in Vegas but never played it when I was with you in KC, because I didn't think you liked it.
    I don't like it it's to slow that has been 10 yrs. ago probably haven't played it 2 time since.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by foamy View Post
    You made the proper play I would have told him to learn basic strategy and go phuck himself. One time I was playing bj and sitting next to a kid who was playing bad so I told him hey it's none of my bussiness but you aren't giving yourself a chance to win so I started helping him and he started winning then he got 2 8's and I told him to split them he won both hands and I could'nt lose a little while later I got the 8's the dealer had a 9 up and I had a $250 bet he said what are you going to do so I said what is proper strategy he said split em so I did but didn't want to very bad but the dealer turned over a 8 for a 17 and I hit 2 faces and won both hands. on the way home my buddy told me how dumb it was and even the guy sitting next to him shook his head and I told him well neither one of you know shit.
    Splitting 8s against 9 is risky, glad it worked out that time! Although basic strategy says always split 8s, I won't do it against 10 or A. Why turn one losing hand into two? I would surrender if allowed, if not, I would hit.

I got yelled at in Tunica for hitting A7 against a dealer 10. They said "You had 18." I tried to explain that the dealer probably had 20 and you can't bust on A7. I got a 10 and then stood. I was right, dealer did have 20.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengreeke View Post
    I'd recommend you sit down for even a short time if you have a chance next month, GG. I had the same experience at Harrah's KC as you did, with EVERYONE saying hi to me and wishing me luck or a good day. The table games staff was just as nice as anybody else and they made the experience that much better.