Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

***Slot Fanatics 2015 Football Pick Em Contests***

Are you ready for some football?? Do you know more football than your SF buddies? Prove it by playing in the 2015 slot fanatics football pick em contests!

This year we will have 2 different contests, one for college football and one for NFL football. You are invited and encouraged to play in both contests!!

Prizes will be the same as last year. First place in both contests will receive a $75 gift certificate to zazzle where you can buy merchandise from the slot fanatics online store. Second place will receive a $50 gift certificate, and third place will receive a $25 gift certificate.

Who is eligible- All slot fanatics members.

Time period- The college football pick em contest begins next week (Sept 3-7), and will end Thanksgiving weekend (Nov 26-28). The NFL pick em contest begins the week of Sept 10-14 and will last through the end of the regular season (Jan 3, 2016).

College football pick em rules- Each week you may pick the winner of 3 college football games (No pointspread, just pick the winner). You will also have the option to make a 4th pick, the college football game of the week.

NFL pick em rules- Each week, you may pick the winner of 3 NFL games, including the NFL game of the week.

NEW FEATURE- Each week, I will pick 1 college game and 1 NFL game to be the game of the week. You are not required to pick the game of the week, but if you do and are right, you will get more points for picking this game correctly.

College pick em scoring- Each correct pick gets 3 points. Each incorrect pick is -1 point. For the game of the week, a correct pick scores 5 points, and an incorrect pick is -2 points. That means 14 points is the most you could score in 1 week (3 correct picks plus a correct pick on the game of the week).
    To make it more exciting and to give those who are trailing a chance to catch up, scoring will be higher on the final week (Thanksgiving). Correct picks will get 5 points, and the game of the week will be worth 10 points for a correct pick. Incorrect picks will still be -1 and -2 for GOW. 203 would be a perfect score.

NFL pick em scoring- 3 points for each correct pick, -1 for each incorrect pick. Ties are worth 0 points. The game of the week is worth 5 points for each correct pick and -2 for an incorrect pick. 11 points is the most you can score in 1 week (3 +3 +5). Thanksgiving week and week 17 will be bonus weeks where correct picks are worth 5 points and a correct pick on the game of the week is worth 10 points. Incorrect picks will still be -1 and -2 points for GOW. 215 would be a perfect score.

Deadline- Each pick must be posted one hour before the first game starts on that day. For example, if you pick a Sunday NFL game, it must be posted by noon eastern time. Saturday college games should be posted by 11 AM eastern time. You may change your picks at any time prior to the deadline.

I think that covers everything, but if anyone has questions, please feel free to ask. I will start a thread Sunday for week 1 of the college contest. Good luck everyone!!!
    Last edited by Dougray2; 08-28-2015 at 09:20 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanx Dougie for another year of Fun!! !... Love the new rules!

My 3 winning picks (NFL)
    Patriots
    Packers
    Cowboys

My pick for game of the week:
    Ravens @ Broncos
    !
    Here with You! since 9/29/09

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks Dougie for the awesome contest!! Wooohoo!! Let's gooooooo Saints!!

@Rich99 We got to do better this year buddy!!

Eyes Like a Shutter, Mind Like a Lens

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    LOL!! I know! I stunk the place out last year
    Well except for my Patriots!! !
    Here with You! since 9/29/09

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks Em and Rich!!

Rich, you can make those picks after Labor Day. The college contest will start first and the NFL contest will be one week later. I wanted to spice things up a bit this year, so that's why I changed the scoring and added the game of the week.

For those who are new to the forum, I will create a thread each week for you to post your winning picks. I will post the first college pick em thread Sunday.

Also, I may be a little late updating the scores each week. I am now working 10 hours a day Monday through Thursday. I will try to update scores on Tuesday, but there may be some weeks when that will be delayed.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Seems like fun. Also seems like a lot of work on your part. You could start an nfl pickem league on Yahoo as well as one for college football. You wouldn't have to keep track of everyones picks and it's free. You can do both college and pro.
    Last edited by bigmoneyp; 08-29-2015 at 07:53 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmoneyp View Post
    Seems like fun. Also seems like a lot of work on your part. You could start an nfl pickem league on Yahoo as well as one for college football. You wouldn't have to keep track of everyones picks and it's free. You can do both college and pro.
    Not really that much work, just a little math which I don't mind. I may look at the yahoo game for future contests. Thanks for the info!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sure is nice of you to do this Doug what with the new job and hours. You're a good man, .

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    who won last year? who is our 'tom brady' we gotta watch out for??

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Sure is nice of you to do this Doug what with the new job and hours. You're a good man, .
    Thanks Hawkeye. Glad to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by slotvideos View Post
    who won last year? who is our 'tom brady' we gotta watch out for??
    Last years winners were-
    1. Hytail
    2. Missbigplaysmall
    3. DWWright