Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Viewing new posts only in a thread already viewed ?

On other forums the posts that I have read already in a thread are skipped over and I'm taken to the posts that I have not read since my last visit to the thread. What is the setting on this forum to achieve viewing new post only in a thread here at SF.

Example: A thread is several hundred posts and 15 pages long. Other forums I am taken directly to page 15 at my unviewed post since last visit. Here at SF I click on thread already read 4 days ago, upon returning to thread to see new responses I have to start at page 1 or manually find the last post I viewed by clicking later pages.

I hope I explained good enough

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You can subscribe to a thread. Go to the thread and click on top right Thread Tools. In drop down menu hit subscribe. You can choose for email notification. Also, once subscribed you can click on the very top near your name and logout button the word Settings. That will show you the latest posts from your subscribed threads.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oswalla View Post
    On other forums the posts that I have read already in a thread are skipped over and I'm taken to the posts that I have not read since my last visit to the thread. What is the setting on this forum to achieve viewing new post only in a thread here at SF.

Example: A thread is several hundred posts and 15 pages long. Other forums I am taken directly to page 15 at my unviewed post since last visit. Here at SF I click on thread already read 4 days ago, upon returning to thread to see new responses I have to start at page 1 or manually find the last post I viewed by clicking later pages.

I hope I explained good enough
    When looking at the list of threads the small circle with two down arrows is the link that will take you to the first unread post.

The icon right in front of the "T" in "The", just click it instead of the link to the thread and you should end up at the first new post! This is the way I navigate the forum!

Hope that helps!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Learn a lesson from your dog: No matter what life brings you, kick some grass over that shit and move on.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    OK Thanks guys. The double arrow helps a lot navigating manually. Subscribing to threads just for reading can produce a lot of emails the way I like subscriptions setup for me personally. I only subscribe to threads that I contribute to. I have quite a few automotive websites I try to help on and emails from everything I red would be overwhelming.

The Automatic type feature I am refering to seems to be a feature the Admins have to setup or something like that is what I have just found out.

Thanks for the help, it is better now with the arrows.