Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    closed by request
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    My prayers & thoughts go out to you & your family in this tough time. I was the primary care son to my mother's last years so I know what you are going through. Wishing your mother a speedy recovery & strength for your family to help you in dealing with all of this.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Wishing a speedy recovery for your Mother, & take care of yourself. Will check back periodically to see how things are going.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm feeling better about her care. The staff I have on my side and the respiratory therapist cares a lot about us. Mom again is well liked for her happy smile. The Dr. said her biggest hurdle is getting her to breath without the vent and complications. I think she will get better because she hadn't moved neck much in weeks and will strengthen.
    That's all folks!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    ONM....I am so sorry about all you are going through. I cannot give much in the way of advice. i have no medical background. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. I am always here if you need someone to talk to.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Good to hear your mom is doing better. Having been though this with my dad, my best advice to you is get her out of the nursing home as quick as you can. Good things do not happen there.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So sorry ONM. My parents are 91 and 97 and worry constantly of a fall, stroke that will force them into nursing home. I hope your mom gets better soon. The stress on you must be overwhelming.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Was able to help her by applying lotion to her arms and legs moving them around getting the circulation down and reduced the swelling. Was advised taking the urinary catheter out was better to prevent bigger infections than infections caused urine leaking on her sore red bleeding bottom. Not so sure now and worried about how they'll solve what is termed to be erosion. Thinking about the possibility of her returning to the hospital, but probably would not happen. If so Cleveland clinic this time if it's an option and don't want her going back where she had the stroke if possible. Hopefully nothing to worry about. Still praying.
    That's all folks!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So sorry to read this news and am praying for your mother. Be sure to take good care of yourself so that you can continue to take good care of her.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Eric, I am very sorry to hear about your mothers illness. From other family members who had a similar illness I remember it was important that they were turned in the bed every 2 hours if they are not moving your mom every two hours maybe you could asked about it. I know in hospitals they have wound care nurses that specializes in care of skin erosion and many other things. They are very good at creating a treatment plan that would be very helpful. I don 't know if you could request a wound care nurse to come to the nursing home. I know we had family members who had wound care nurses come to their homes. You could google information on care. You being with your mother is a great comfort to her, talking and touching her, even if she is not responding. It's comforting for your mom to hear family.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Erik, sending your mom some well wishes and a speedy recovery. I know it has to be tough to go through with her. Luckily she has you to help. I'll be thinking about you both.
    Last edited by Joey; 01-09-2015 at 04:54 PM.