Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

African Diamond Variation info

Hey all, I am looking for additional info on a African Diamond Variation. I don't have a picture of it so sorry in advance :(

I tried to find this variation on the Konami site without any luck. So its African Diamond but there's also a Mini and Maxi reward that's tied to this Pirate themed layout of squares where you try to select the pirate key to win the Mini or Maxi bonus. As you play the odds of picking the square improve as the already selected squares stay opened. So the side will originally say 1 in 44 chance of bonus. So when you do get the bonus round you get 3 picks and if you don't get the bonus the odds increase to say 1 in 41 downwards until the bonus is granted.

Now my question is as all the rules were entirely in French being in Montreal, how is this bonus triggered? Randomly each spin? There was no icons that I saw that triggered it.

Does anyone know what variation I am talking about or would it be beneficial to grab a stealth photo next time I am there?

My machine I was on was down to 1-15 chance of the jackpot but it was getting late so I had to abandon my pursuit last night and got to watch two vultures on either side of me try to cash out of their respective African Diamond machines to hop on mine with the better odds :P

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have seen this on some Konami's at Cherokee. I got the pirate feature one time, and I believe it was just random.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Do you mean Pirate's Loot? It is like Mystical Temple where you randomly get the feature for a chance at the jackpot (shows up randomly on your screen on any spin).

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The Pirate's Jackpot feature is 100% random, and can be generated after any spin regardless of whether it's a win or loss. Sometimes you can go hours without seeing it, other times you will see it back to back. There are 49 squares to start. You get three picks. If you find a Gold Key behind one of the picks, you then get to pick from one of 4 treasure chests. In one of the chests is the Maxi prize, the other three chests contain the Mini. After you pick your chest, the contents of the other chests are revealed. It's not like that with the original picks. I think a RNG determines whether or not you get a key.