Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Build Day 4 - Photo Set #1:

OK so first thing this morning I organized my garage attic so that I would have to room I needed to do my work in a safe and productive manner. I made some good progress on the inner end radius walls today. I have cut both inner ends cut and the radiuses work great! I will cut the outer end walls tomorrow. I’ve included some close up shots of how I rigged my table saw to cut the kurfs. Once I had the sled and the feeder support on the left side to hold up the end of the length of wood I was cutting, it was a breeze! Really! It was almost effortless! The details of the sled I will cover if someone wants to know. But the point here was safety first, easy cutting and accurate cutting. It worked very well! Also I could not resist getting out my felt and placing on a 8x4 sheet and putting an end all where it would be going if it were the real table!

100_4708.jpg100_4710.jpg100_4712.jpg100_4713.jpg100_4714.jpg

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Last edited by theWizardAKQ; 07-27-2014 at 09:29 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Last edited by theWizardAKQ; 07-27-2014 at 09:30 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Last edited by theWizardAKQ; 07-27-2014 at 09:30 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Build Day 4 - Photo Set #5: Last for today!

100_4733.jpg100_4734.jpg
    Last edited by theWizardAKQ; 07-27-2014 at 09:31 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Build Day 5 Photo Set 1:
    Well today I made big strides in my build! One thing I’ll mention first is: Thanks to everyone that’s following my thread and indirectly giving me the encouragement to keep on task! The wood working part I must say is very therapeutic! I mean it’s me alone with the project at hand. Thinking back a year ago, it all started off with me wanting my own craps table for practice shooting the dice! Then it went to researching tables, figuring out from searching and input from other table owners what and how it should look, be build and put together! I then jumped in to AutoCAD and started drawing, and with a lot of work, there it was on digital paper, My table! Then it was buying tools, material, and basically starting off with nothing more than 8 sheets of 4x8 Oak and Birch plywood. With that said, on with today’s progress! A side note; I’ve added a few things to my table saw sled to help with safety and to make sure it was doing a precise job at cutting. I’ll add these notes and photos at the end. So far the entire table minus the rails is cut out! All side walls are gluing up as I type this post, except for the 2 ends pieces, as I ran out of clamps! One thing I made sure I did when laying out the pieces to glue up, was I made sure I was always working from the inside of the table for instance and left to right. Thus I didn’t accidently glue up two of the same side pieces since all I’d need to do is accidently flip ends and then I’d have the wrong piece, facing the wrong way. Also I made a template to act as the sub table and finished table tops so that the spacing would be as accurate as possible. Also I cut a template for the outer wall to make sure the measurements, centering and end of walls lined up correctly once it was wrapped around the outside of the inner wall. I’m glad I did as the outer wall fits perfect with the inner wall. As of this point in the project, I’ve not had any major mistakes which would add extra cost and extra time to the project. The template and test fitting was for sure a smart idea. Once the fit was right, I took the template and marked up my outer end wall pieces, and started the cuts!

100_4736.jpg100_4737.jpg100_4738.jpg100_4739.jpg100_4740.jpg

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Build Day 5 Photo Set 4:

Gluing Up!

100_4755.jpg100_4756.jpg

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    For the Table Saw Sled, I added to hand rest areas where I know that my hands should not go past the stops toward the center. I did this because unlike my normally safety process for cutting, I often had to take my eyes off my work I was cutting to make sure the end with the kufs I’d first cut were not hanging down or getting pinched that might cause the already cut end to snap off. I also added a simply stop block so that when I was cutting the 12.25” and 11” side walls that got the kurf cuts, to help hold the work in place and the help make sure it was sitting square as I cut. It made it easy to cut and sometimes I would need to push the sled with one and while hold up the cut end with the other. It worked great! You can also see on the last photo I used Kreg Jig Miter Rails for the bottom of the sled!

100_4750.jpg100_4751.JPG100_4753.jpg100_4754.jpg