Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I hear ya Billy...I will never belong to this club because of my low rolling as well...still, you never know, you could get the 1000X and then the major progressive...Good Luck!!!!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnvegas View Post
    Thanks again Everyone.

Evoni, we arrive o Sunday 6 July. We fly back of Vegas o Friday, 15 August - hopefully a lot browner and richer!

Mark, I can't see us ever getting a handpay to be honest. We have our strategy that we stick to and that has treated us pretty well and it tends not to involve a lot of max betting. We'll chuck some money at bigger gambles this time round but the majority of our play is around the x2/3 level.

Cheers,

Billy
    Billy I arrive on July 10 and leave on the 15th. Staying at Palazzo and Wynn. If you are around that area of the strip on those dates and want to meet up to say hi, let me know.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think you will find your ventures away from Vegas most interesting and memorable. There is much scenic land in Nevada and the adjoin states. Don't forget the national parks like Zion and Bryce.
    I can only imagine how my wife and I would spend that much time seeing Scotland as we have only been once for 4 days while living in England.
    I bet you I can stop gambling!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks Muzzy,

There may be a bit more hope this time around. We have dedicated around 4,000 for the mad gambles (hopefully some max betting but no lower than $1 a spin) this time around so there's more chance this year than any that have gone before. Before I come over, I need to work out what this $10,000 barrier is. We've got around $22,000 just now but declaring money over the limit seems like it will cause problems so it might be better to stick at 20.

Diane, that would be great. More than happy to meet up at your end of the strip for a drink one of your days. Would be great to meet one of the youtube slot heroes! You're up there with deb, pappy and sdguy!

Thanks flyguy. I think so too. We initially picked a three week window to hit Vegas with the full intention of using the middle week to explore somewhere new - mainly on the basis that, even if it was cold, less fun, maybe even a bit boring, we always knew we were coming back in the third week to the good stuff! We were fully intending Arizona and Utah this summer but that will be next year. Valley of Fire is as far East as we'll get before we fly out.

Cheers,

Billy

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnvegas View Post
    Before I come over, I need to work out what this $10,000 barrier is. We've got around $22,000 just now but declaring money over the limit seems like it will cause problems so it might be better to stick at 20.
    Billy, keep it simple. Try to carry less than $10 000 each. Even carry like 5000 each, max. If you are carrying over $10 000 US, the law states you must declare this money when you are interview by an US Custom officer. It is safer and easier to place the money in you bank account and withdraw using your ATM card. If there are fees to withdraw the fund (there always is), do the max withdrawal amount to minimized the fee effect. Also, use your credit card as well. This put less pressure on you and your girlfriend to pay for all of your expenditures with cash. And if you are planning to use your credit card a lot and you will be gone for 6 weeks, chances are you will be missing one payment until you get back. Maybe make a early payment before leaving Scotland. BTW, it has been a while (2 years) since the last time they ask me how much I was carrying across the border....

I'm sure others here have good ideas on how to carry cash/debit/atm/credit card safely into the US with minimum issues....

Mark

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'll send you a pm with my cell # or a way to meet up.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    When In Tahoe I went up the gondola to the view point. It was fantastic. Air was a little thin. I think about 10000 ft above sea level. Felt like I was on top of the world. Beats having to climb a mountain!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks Twoarmedbandit!

Sounds right up our street. Will definitely make a stop there.

Muzzybar - turned out it didn't make a difference. We were close enough to $20,000 to have them stop us and question what we were doing with "all that money" - like everyone comes to Vegas with no cash! They seemed happy enough with our answers but thought we should maybe try poker instead of slots! Wouldn't go down well here...

Cheers,

Billy

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm glad all went well with no issue...
    Well Billy the WSOP main event started over the weekend and the entrance fee is $10 000 per person. It give you and the eventual winner a chance to win $10 million!!!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Welcome Billy. That is one crazy vacation plan. I wish you the best of adventures and lots of wins. I don't know I can read a 6 week trip reports, so take lots of photos
    Have a blast!