Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

IGT "in play" for real

Market already moved on this... 2 other suitors besides Gtech.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0ER1C020140616

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I for one am happy with these latest developments. I bought some shares of IGT in the first part of May after their stock got hammered after a disappointing earnings report. I bought it because I thought I was getting a bargain, plus because they pay a decent dividend, plus I love to play video poker and they make more video poker machines than anybody. Once I get Foamy and Goldengreeke hooked on playing video poker I figure the demand for new machines will go back up.

I was pleasantly surprised when on two separate days last week the stock made large moves upward. The first report was that they were also considering taking the company private. Evidently now there are a couple of different companies seriously thinking of buying them. I have an average cost basis of about $14 per share. With the stock currently trading for $15.64 I am not exactly getting rich but I feel better than I did about IGT a couple of weeks ago. I heard an analyst on CNBC predict that the stock should easily go to $20 per share. I think I will hold a little longer and see what happens.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    SMR, I can see the potential upside. Nice move in May.

My problem with moving something like this is that I have to hold too long to get it to a LT asset or I end up giving away so much in taxes - it just isn't worth the risk anymore.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    But if you hold it and think it will go up or stay the same it's paying a nice dividend. Now might not be a bad time as their next quarterly dividend is scheduled to be paid on June 25th.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Wanted to bump this thread back to the top so that Shamus and Deb and others who wish to can contribute to it. It looks like Shamus has just started a similar thread but it would be interesting to get his and others perspective of IGT from an investment standpoint.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Interesting topic smr. Wishing IGT well, very sad to see the decline of this company. Wishing for a good outcome and personally, I wish they reincarnate themselves to make their new games exciting and relevant to slotters.

IGT have lots of great legacy games that I still love to play!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thank you for your input Clemi. In addition to making most of the video poker machines they make quite a few of the reel machines such as Double Gold and Triple Gold that Sassycat likes to play. Is that what you meant by legacy games? BTW IGT is up another 23 cents for the day as of this moment. It is pushing and trying to break through $16 per share. Its been a nice couple of weeks for IGT. Especially in a sector that overall is performing so badly. Since playing the stock market is basically gambling, I am going to continue to gamble that IGT is going to continue to go up and I have decided not to sell until it gets to at least $20 per share. Wish me luck.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Seemor, things are looking better on your risk taking. Up $1.50+ the last day or two.

Hope it holds or climbs higher for you!!