Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Great thread Slotty, my very best to you all on getting through this storm.... will be sending positive thoughts your way everyone!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm in South Jersey, not far from Philly. I just saw on the news how rough the surf was in AC earlier tonight and we are not in the thick of it yet. Making me wonder how much this storm is going to tear apart Revel's newly expensive built up beach? Hope everyone stays safe, especially everyone in the Jersey Shore towns.

ravenhunter
    Hi all from Atlantic County NJ. We are about 15 miles from AC but inland just east of the GSP. Very windy. However, many of our trees were sheered during the Durecho early this summer. Lost power for a week then. Spent last October with 18 plus inches of snow in Morris County (northern) Nj. Not fun either. Power was out there for almost 2 weeks. So decided to stay south this time. Hope all goes well for all along the coast.

Hoping for the best for all.

Sandy

CennPennTraveler
    Just a steady rain here, going to go to work. The worst isn't to come until this afternoon/evening & overnight, so I think I'll be ok.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Good morning, checking the thread to see how east coasters are doing.....the waiting & news can be agony, at least that's how I felt with Rita & Ike. Hang in there. Thanks for letting us know what's happening in your area.

***Ravenhunter....what is a Durecho?***

Nhcris
    Thinking of all of you back east and sending good thoughts. Stay safe!

ravenhunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
    Good morning, checking the thread to see how east coasters are doing.....the waiting & news can be agony, at least that's how I felt with Rita & Ike. Hang in there. Thanks for letting us know what's happening in your area.

***Ravenhunter....what is a Durecho?***
    It is a storm that has extremely high speed straight line winds. Didn't know about them until they occured in this area early this summer.

Sandy

CennPennTraveler
    The flag is starting to fly with the rain coming in.

I could get the AC webcam to load only audio, but no video. Sounds windy!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thinking of you all! Stay safe!!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yes, hoping all stay safe. Knock on wood, everything is ready here as far as supplies/food/ect.