Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast
    slottygirl70

Hurricane Sandy check in THREAD

I thought it might be nice to have a dedicated thread to update conditions on the East Coast. This storm is HUGE, and will be affecting LOTS of members. I know we all worry about one another, so check in here if you are on the East Coast and able to! Stay Safe friends and PLEASE take this one seriously. The size and strength of this storm is MASSIVE and it will no doubt have devastating effects on some areas. Take care friends!!

XOXO
    Billie

Deb1486
    What a great thread. I'm in central NJ and can check in till we lose power. Schools already closed Mon & Tues. Lost power for 6 days during Irene.

slottygirl70
    Oh Deb, you stay safe! Our schools just closed for tomorrow...im sure Tuesday announcement is coming as well. Im worried about our basement. WE just spent 1000 dollars on new carpet. (I Know, what a thing to be worrying about...but its SOOOO pretty and nice a new! I hate to see it ruined!)

Take care and update us when you can!
    XOXO

Paw Paw
    My neighbor just hot wired my generator into my house for "when" the power goes out. Test run was A-OK. One of these days I will install a transfer box and do it properly. All gassed up and ready to run.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Good luck everybody and stay safe!
    Home is where the heart is but any spare change I find goes in the Vegas Fund!

slottygirl70
    Quote Originally Posted by Paw Paw View Post
    My neighbor just hot wired my generator into my house for "when" the power goes out. Test run was A-OK. One of these days I will install a transfer box and do it properly. All gassed up and ready to run.

Well my hubby just came back from the shop empty handed. He waited until the last minute of course, and the generator isnt running. Great. Im going to kill this man....

Penny
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by slottygirl70 View Post
    Well my hubby just came back from the shop empty handed. He waited until the last minute of course, and the generator isnt running. Great. Im going to kill this man....

We've always had a generator, but I've always told DH that it won't do us any good if we don't have gas on hand to run it. Sure enough, the first time we needed it, we had know gas on hand. It was a crazy snow storm and he had to go out to get some. I had suggested he get some the day before, but he didn't listen. Stay safe all!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Praying for all of you!!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm a sitting duck on the queens/Nassau border....

They're predicting 11' storm surge, 80-100mph winds and rain at 5" per hour lol.

i just hope I can make my way down to AC for Veterans Day!!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Good thread idea Billie. I'm in Monmouth county and our schools are closed Monday and Tuesday also. I'm hoping they close the bridges so my DH doesn't have to travel to Staten Island tomorrow for work. If he goes to work they expect him to stay there till the storm is over. Which means me and my three kids will be at home alone and I don't know how to work the generator when the power goes out. If he leaves work then he won't get paid.

So everything is up in the air right now at our house. It's scary enough dealing with this storm. It's going to be really scary without my DH and three young, scared kids.