Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by treyster View Post
    Something changed. I'm noticing a difference in the sorting using my PC. When I click on 'New Posts' it now only displays posts I haven't read. As soon as I read a post, it is no longer displayed in the 'New Posts' list when I refresh the list. Is this a change with vBulletin or a setting I can change to the old sorting?

The app on my Droid phone still lists all posts when I click 'All' so it hasn't changed.

I noticed the same thing on VMB so I assume it must be a vBulletin thing. VMB just changed to v4.2 this weekend
    treyster - does the New Post section "look" the same? I myself don't use the What's New or New Post links.
    I open up each forum.

I see that What's New layout display is different than New Post. Was this always like that?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Joey, on my IPhone app the 'New Posts' have been saying 99+ for a few days now when I know there aren't that many.

ImageUploadedBySlot Fanatics1401326233.910124.jpg

Thanks for everything you do for is here xoxo!
    ~Love, health, wealth and enough time to enjoy them all~

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thank you. I'm researching it all right now. Hopefully I'll find the answer tonight.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yes. I prefer using New Posts myself as I have a very limited time to read here . Sometimes I accidentally click on What's New and it is different than New Posts.
    I try to read at least every other day and I've noticed 10+ pages of new posts where before I would have 3 or 4. And the options of clicking on the threads is 1, 2, 3, 4....10. It would be nice if it would be 1,2......8,9,10. Because if I wanted to reread the whole thread I would go to the Forum and then the thread. But if I wanted to read the last post I read then go to the new ones I have to go to the last page and then 9,8 until I get to the last one I read-sometimes that's in the middle of the second to last page or wherever.
    But when I got through the New Posts to the last thread I hadn't read I got this message
    The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts.
    I thought that was nice. Because I can't keep track of who's where, etc and what I plan to read when I have more time. So it's nice to know when I do have time I can find the ones I havent read.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    New Posts look the same as it used to be. However now once you read one of those posts or comment on it, it no longer shows in the list of threads. It use to stay on there unhighlighted (so you knew you had read it). Now until someone posts on that thread again, it will not reappear under new posts for anyone that has commented or looked at the post.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What mwemb said. I'm a big user of New Posts. The new format will just take some getting used to, that's all. I also like the ability to track threads that contain unread posts.

As always, I appreciate all the work you and others do to keep this place fun.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily888 View Post
    New Posts look the same as it used to be. However now once you read one of those posts or comment on it, it no longer shows in the list of threads. It use to stay on there unhighlighted (so you knew you had read it). Now until someone posts on that thread again, it will not reappear under new posts for anyone that has commented or looked at the post.
    Okay. Now I got it. I just needed to know if the What's New & New Posts still have the same layout as before.
    I'll figure it out. Hopefully it's a setting. I'm on it!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    Okay. Now I got it. I just needed to know if the What's New & New Posts still have the same layout as before.
    I'll figure it out. Hopefully it's a setting. I'm on it!
    Sorry Joey, I never really hit What's New before. So not sure about that. Now when I click What's New it shows the Activity Stream. Hope this helps.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Weezie if you want to clear that number...there should be a check mark right top screen.. Click that and it will ask if you want to mark as read. Click yes and it will clear that list until someone posts again.
    Last edited by Emily888; 05-28-2014 at 11:08 PM.
    Eyes Like a Shutter, Mind Like a Lens

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Hi Joey:

When I log into the site, I get an invalid redirect URL.

Let me know if you need more details.

/\/\/\/\ the Shamus /\/\/\/\