Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Glad to see there are some VP players on this forum. The only reason any of this matters is that those of us that play VP would like to think that we have some latitude in decision making to affect the outcome. Otherwise we might as well continue playing slot machines. Ultimately luck is more important than anything in VP just as it is in slots. But I like the thinking and the strategizing that goes along with playing VP that you do not get playing slots. Sometimes you get all the cards you need for a winner on the first draw. But many times you need that second draw to turn the hand into a winner. And I would like to think that hitting redeal at the right millisecond would make a difference and affect the outcome. Thanks again to everyone for participating in this discussion.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    mike thanks for that info, I never thought of that, I was once playing a 10 handed game was dealt three fives and one of the fives didn't hold. a couple of the hands would have been four of a kind. I rationalize it that I probably would have fed the money back into the machine anyway. however, once a was playing a $10 joker poker and the joker didn't hold, fortunately I didn't win anyway, but if I was would have hit five of a kind for $40,000 I probably would have hanged myself LOL
    Last edited by rebote; 05-01-2014 at 08:31 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I read an article on a vp forum from some vp expert that it was theory #2 that ten cards were dealt. what would be fair if similar to theory number 1, instead of the deck constantly shuffling, because then it has a slot machine result, the deck is dealt before the deal, and you would just get the next card in the deck.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seemoreroyals View Post
    Thank you to everyone for replying to this thread. It seems we are all in agreement that after the initial 5 cards are drawn the remaining 47 cards are constantly shuffling. So hitting your button for the redeal at the exact millisecond would make a big difference. Since IGT is the largest mfg. of video poker machines I think I will give them a call next week and see what they have to say.
    Any action on this idea?
    That's all folks!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by onenickelmiracle View Post
    Any action on this idea?
    Thank you ONM for reminding me. I totally forgot and I sincerely apologize. I will try to get hold of somebody at IGT on Monday.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I just got off the phone with Maranda at IGT and I have a definitive answer on the 4 to a royal question. The answer can also be found on videopoker.com's website under learn / superstitions. The RNG is constantly shuffling the 52 cards ( or 53 in joker poker ) until you hit the deal button. When you hit the deal button, the machine displays the 5 cards on top of the deck at that precise moment. It then continues shuffling the remaining 47 cards ( or 48 cards in joker poker ) until you hit the deal button again and the discarded slots are filled with whatever is on top of the deck at that time. This is what I thought was the case. I am now happy to report that according to IGT this is indeed what happens.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I just got off the phone with Maranda at IGT and I have a definitive answer on the 4 to a royal question. The answer can also be found on videopoker.com's website under learn / superstitions. The RNG is constantly shuffling the 52 cards ( or 53 in joker poker ) until you hit the deal button. When you hit the deal button, the machine displays the 5 cards on top of the deck at that precise moment. It then continues shuffling the remaining 47 cards ( or 48 cards in joker poker ) until you hit the deal button again and the discarded slots are filled with whatever is on top of the deck at that time. This is what I thought was the case. I am now happy to report that according to IGT this is indeed what happens.
    This is why I only play vp on IGT machines because other manufacturers of vp machines are questionable.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    http://books.google.com/books?id=6L1...turers&f=false

Here is a link to video poker book.

Closed by Request
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks for following up on this! Looking forward to quite a few VP games in Reno. 9/6...9/6....9/6!!!!!!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Your welcome Steve. IGT's phone number by the way is 775-448-7777. They were very friendly and helpful. The conversation I had with them renewed my faith in the integrity of the RNG at least as far as IGT is concerned.