Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianzz View Post

1. After you are dealt 5 cards the RNG is shuffling the other 47 cards waiting on your discard so it can pick whatever number of cards you ditch.
    I've always believed this. Except the machine states it uses a standard 52 card deck. (say you're dealt A, K, Q, J of hearts and a 5 of spades) You throw out the 5.
    That makes me think the 5 is no longer an option to show up based on the '47' left shuffling in the RNG yet how many times have you got the same card back?
    That one always makes me wonder.

Banned
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The card(s) you discard never go back into the shuffle so it's not available on the draw, they've already been excluded from the 47 other cards being shuffled.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It's predetermined once the hand is dealt. I accidentally threw away a royal last July 4th at B Bar and after much deliberation I was paid anyway - part of the process was the slot tech showing the screen with the discards showing that it would indeed have been a royal if I didn't accidentally throw away one of the face cards.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike841 View Post
    It's predetermined once the hand is dealt. I accidentally threw away a royal last July 4th at B Bar and after much deliberation I was paid anyway - part of the process was the slot tech showing the screen with the discards showing that it would indeed have been a royal if I didn't accidentally throw away one of the face cards.
    What happened didn't prove it's predetermined but proved the techs can look at recent hands played.

For the others, just because Bally told you it doesn't matter when you draw, and it doesn't, it just means one time is as good as any other. Since you can't influence the outcome, they don't want to encourage people sitting forever fantasizing and want more decisions per hour. Four to a royal, drawing at another moment could have been successful, but you don't know what's behind the curtain beforehand to do anything differently. It's random and fair unless you're not playing class III or a truly rigged machine somewhere.
    That's all folks!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianzz View Post
    The card(s) you discard never go back into the shuffle so it's not available on the draw, they've already been excluded from the 47 other cards being shuffled.
    I'm not an expert on VP but I swear many times my discard card showed up on the draw... anyone else experience this?

Good comment... I too have thrown away a good deal, not a royal~ but a paying hand, and I too was able to recapture my win by calling the slot tech...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I do not think it is possible to get the discard card back on the redeal. But I have gotten the exact card I needed to complete the royal flush come out the very first card of the next hand on way to many occasions.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seemoreroyals View Post
    I do not think it is possible to get the discard card back on the redeal. But I have gotten the exact card I needed to complete the royal flush come out the very first card of the next hand on way to many occasions.
    Oh yes, I've seen that way too many times, lol!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by onenickelmiracle View Post
    What happened didn't prove it's predetermined but proved the techs can look at recent hands played. .
    it showed the hand would have been a royal if i didnt accidentally throw away the king of spades, specifically on one row it showed my initial cards, on the second row it showed the next cards to be filled in on discard - looked pretty predetermined to me but wont argue since i genuinely dont give a shit was just throwing it out there, would have taken a picture of that screen but was too busy being drunk and pleading my case using foul language (dont do this) until my host showed up and got it taken care of for me

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Does it really matter?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    it showed the hand would have been a royal if i didnt accidentally throw away the king of spades, specifically on one row it showed my initial cards, on the second row it showed the next cards to be filled in on discard - looked pretty predetermined to me but wont argue since i genuinely dont give a shit was just throwing it out there, would have taken a picture of that screen but was too busy being drunk and pleading my case using foul language (dont do this) until my host showed up and got it taken care of for me
    I didn't understand that but might think the same if I saw it.
    That's all folks!